Costca Coffee at Raffles Mall as a Wifi Hangout

HomeForumsIn ChengduCostca Coffee at Raffles Mall as a Wifi Hangout

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m always in search of a new conveniently located wifi hangout where I can bring my laptop and crank out some code while downing some decent coffee. So when I saw Costa Coffee at the new Raffles Mall, I was pleasantly surprised at the tastefully appointed decor, comfortable seating and ample electric outlets. The only drawback I could see in that first walk-through was the lack of its own restroom. It warranted a visit. I normally order the cheapest coffee because I want to be able to afford going everyday if I want to. Costa Coffee doesn’t offer drip coffee so I ordered a medium cup of Americano for 25 RMB, which tasted great.

Unfortunately I was soon to face a deal-breaker. I opened up my laptop and found the “Costa Coffee Free Wi-Fi” hotspot, disabled my custom DNS servers and opened a browser to find their login screen. What a disappointment to discover that their Internet speed is unusably abysmal.

2246697202.png

Costa Coffee is a great place to meet up with friends or read a book. But don’t expect to use the wifi there. Guess I won’t be going back any time soon. Next stop: Pacific Coffee downstairs. It’s really too bad Costa Coffee’s internet is so slow because its the only cafe in the mall with its own entrance external to the mall. Costa Coffee opens at a respectable hour of 8am; great for getting a full morning of work done. The rest of the mall doesn’t open until 10am.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.