Dashan Doing Standup @ Bookworm, 3/21

HomeForumsIn ChengduDashan Doing Standup @ Bookworm, 3/21

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Dashan (yes, Dashan) will be performing Chinese standup at the Bookworm next Friday, March 21st at Bookworm. Is this a thing now? I’ve never heard of Dashan doing standup, but this sounds amazing. Fingers crossed that his standup persona is as sordid a contrast to his mainstream face as Bob Saget’s.

Participant

What…the fuck…

In Chinese nonetheless, this screams priceless, if only for the potential to be so horrible it’s a great story. 😀 Who knows, though, maybe he’s a really funny dude.

Participant

Dashan doing standup comedy would be in part due to Des Bishop, an Irish-American comedian who spent his life from the age of 12 in Ireland and Peter from the Bookworm.

Des has spent the last year filming a documentary on China and his experience of trying to master Chinese in 12 months (with no previous knowledge) with the goal of doing a standup show in Chinese.

He’s very popular and famous in Ireland and well known I guess in the UK as he’s been on the comedy circuit for quite some time.

I met him in Xian by chance, is a very genuine guy, and have been a fan of his for quite some time.
    Their performances I understand will be entirely in Chinese, so, anyone intending on going should keep that in mind.

But it is well worth going to see and meet the guy and getting an autograph of Dashan on your underwear while you’re at it and selling it on Taobao;-)

Good luck Des, and fair play to Peter and all behind the show!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.