Dentist recommendations

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionDentist recommendations

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

Any recommendations for a dentist in CD? Filling needed for tooth.

Read couple recommendations for Global Doctor & Yafei (亚非牙科) and wondering if anybody’s tried them?

Preferred Eng speaking, but not critical.. important we don’t get the ‘yank it out first, see how later’ types though…

Thanks!

Participant

I’ve done Yafei a few years ago. Two things to consider: they are pricey and they will likely make you come back. is that necessary or are they price-gouging? Its your call. I found it curious that it took 3 sessions to remove a wisdom tooth.

Huaxi will do it fast and cheap. They get the job done but it ain’t pretty….

Participant

Was at Yafei in Ba Bao Jie recently for something minor. Got hooked up with an English speaking Dentist, Peter Torres. I did not think it was too pricey (epsecially compared to what I would be charged back home). Did not mind paying a little over the CD average as at least I could be 100% that he understood what I wanted done.

The appointment number I have is: 15184362966

Others rate Huaxi, but have not been there myself.

Participant

The only Dentist I’ve seen in Chengdu was Dr. Rinver at Gentle Dental in Tong zi lin. He speaks English and he can clean teeth, can’t comment on any more technical work.

Participant

Whats the average rate for a cleaning at “gentle dental”? has anyone been to the harmony dental near Little Bar? I’m due for a checkup

Keymaster
    Quote:
    The only Dentist I’ve seen in Chengdu was Dr. Rinver at Gentle Dental in Tong zi lin. He speaks English and he can clean teeth, can’t comment on any more technical work.

Gentle Dental is where I’ve always gone. 100% skilled and fluent in English.

Quote:
    Whats the average rate for a cleaning at “gentle dental”? has anyone been to the harmony dental near Little Bar? I’m due for a checkup

Rinver (the Gentle Dental guy) used to have a dental practice near Jiuyan Qiao but it moved to Tongzilin about a year ago. With the move came much fancier facilities and a higher price. I’m not sure what a cleaning costs, but I would expect something in the 100-yuan range. If you check their website, they have a phone number that you can call and find out for sure.

I’m about to get some wisdom teeth taken out at Gentle Dental, not looking forward to it!

Participant

Huaxi is brutally efficient at wisdom tooth removal. Shock and awe works best sometimes…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Huaxi is brutally efficient at wisdom tooth removal. Shock and awe works best sometimes…

Shock and awe wisdom tooth removal? Sounds brutal… I think I’ll stick with Gentle… Dental.

There should be a dentist with a practice named Brutally Efficient in China though, that would be great.

Participant

Man, you know when the govt. here decides to demolish a building/street/entire neighborhood? No deliberation, no consultation.Just get the job done. That was Huaxi for wisdom tooth removal: sit. open. yank. spit. pay. (actually maybe pay was first)

Thanks all!

Me and the wife ended up visiting Peter Torres, good English and been in CD for a number of years.

In fact, we thought it was a lot more serious but we were discouraged from doing anything major (ended up with some fluoride varnish thing done, instead of our suspected filling)

So didn’t feel like he was trying to rip us off, but agreed it’s over the CD average.

Polish was offered at 199 yuan onwards if I remember correct, I think depending on how bad a state your teeth are in.

The place looks sooooo over the top though… made me think i was in church!

Brutally efficient, nice!

Translates to 残酷的效率… sounds like some sappy romantic movie with a tragic ending..

I’ve been to Yafei (亚非牙科) to get my teeth cleaned. It ran me 400 yuan, which I found a reasonable price. The dentist spoke decent English, and I was in and out of there in an hour. It was analogous to a trip to the dentist in the west, but for a doable price. As it was so easy and efficient (not necessarily brutal, though), I’ll probably just go there next time. They also happily supplied me with ample fa piao-type paperwork for my health insurance.

One interesting thing about this dental clinic: it looks like some sort of church! The Church of Our Holy Wisdom Tooth. You go in and it has everything but the organ music. Come to think of it, they might have had something like that piped in. Strange, but I guess it didn’t detract from the overall experience. You never know what you are going to get …

Participant

Re: Yafei Dental – my mom had a cap knocked out during a scooter incident in Malaysia – went straight through her lower lip and out the other side. She got stitches there, and when we came back to Chengdu together she headed to Yafei to get them removed/get the tooth checked out. Peter Torres did the work and was apparently excellent – really nice guy, super professional, etc. She had a great experience there but yeah, it was pricey.

I’ve only been to Harmony Dental and was pretty impressed. There was a dentist there who spoke very, very good English, the facilities were clean, and they didn’t cheat me which is always a plus! I’d chipped a front tooth on some delicious 排骨 a few weeks before and was pretty sure I’d need it filled.. at Harmony they took a look and said I could always get it filed down for 50 rmb as it was at the very tip of the tooth, OR get it filled for 400 rmb. You can guess which one I chose. They did a great job!

Apparently a full teeth cleaning there is 200 rmb, which I’d say is a decent price.

Participant

Just got back from Gentle Dental today. I had two cavities drilled and filled (don’t judge me!) and it was supposed to come to 600 but he gave me a discount because I didn’t use any painkillers.

I also got a cleaning a couple months ago and it was a little expensive, about 260 kuai.

Definitely not cheap but facilities and equipment were good and Dr. Rinver speaks pretty good English. Plus, I’m not tryin to mess around with my teeth, I’d rather just pay a little more.

Participant

I Just came back from gentle dental. last time I went to the dentist was over 3 years ago. I had two rather deep holes in my two lower wisdom teeth, plus a big hole on the 1 mole upper mouth right side and a huge hole on one of the premoles upper right side. The kind of hole where you hear the dentist and 2 nurses go “WHOOA!” I had it all fixed with plastic filling over 2 sessions, payed 2900,- rmb, pain killer injection for them all included, didn’t feel a thing. Dr. Rinver is a Great and friendly Guy, who speaks Good English  in a relaxed manner. can highly recommended him.

Participant

I will share my fucked up story with us.
    I have never had any problems with my teeth, but somehow one day a tiny piece just cracked out from wisdom tooth (back in Cyprus). I went to Arab dentist, who drilled my tooth, till oil could be extracted and filled it.
    Within few days I felt even worse pain, so I went there again. HE drilled it even more, so oil rig was not necessary.
    In China this filling started flow up and down fucking up my gum. I took it out by myself with dental floss. Only then I found out then drilled hole is a way below gum.
    My gf took me to Zhonghe, where as she said one day her mom fixed tooth and she is happy till today.
    Matafaka took some powder mixed it with some liquid and filled tooth for 70 rmb. I started regretting after a week.
    Looking for proper dentist now. I dont give a shit about paying extra. Just want it to be fixed at once, while I still have a tooth.
    I guess teeth is not an object to save money on.
    Keep your teeth guys 🙂 Lol

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.