Diffrent colour diffrent price!

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionDiffrent colour diffrent price!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Carry on my wayward son! Lets inflate Vincent’s bid.

Participant

You can’t polish a turd (I’m talking about the outfit running this sketchy gig, not the guys who submitted photos).

Participant

You can’t polish a turd (I’m talking about the outfit running this sketchy gig, not the guys who submitted photos).

LOLOLOLOL OMG YESSS!

THE ‘STACHE!

LOLOLOLOL OMG YESSS!

THE ‘STACHE!

Absolute BS! This thing is not even funny…

Absolute BS! This thing is not even funny…

Participant

whahaaa….no comments from starter HGm yet?

Participant

Quote:

Still no bids apparently either, this is obviously one hot social media team we’re witnessing at work here.

51pXulNykQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Quote:

Still no bids apparently either, this is obviously one hot social media team we’re witnessing at work here.

51pXulNykQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Participant

The whole concept is flawed. Why would a Chinese girl have to pay such big bucks to get a fake boyfriend? And why in the world would she pay for a foreigner? You wanna get the nagging parents/relatives off your back, you get a nice dependable fake Chinese guy. You tell Mom/Pop that he studied finance, has his own place, has no hobbies apart from work work work, and they’ll cut you some slack for the remainder of the holidays….

Participant

The whole concept is flawed. Why would a Chinese girl have to pay such big bucks to get a fake boyfriend? And why in the world would she pay for a foreigner? You wanna get the nagging parents/relatives off your back, you get a nice dependable fake Chinese guy. You tell Mom/Pop that he studied finance, has his own place, has no hobbies apart from work work work, and they’ll cut you some slack for the remainder of the holidays….

Participant
    Quote:
    And why in the world would she pay for a foreigner?

No idea but I’ve even heard stories about Chinese girls having a Chinese boyfriend, while their parents are pushing them to find a different foreign one.

Guess for some families it might look like winning the lottery.

Participant
    Quote:
    And why in the world would she pay for a foreigner?

No idea but I’ve even heard stories about Chinese girls having a Chinese boyfriend, while their parents are pushing them to find a different foreign one.

Guess for some families it might look like winning the lottery.

Totally agree with Ray.

I think the concept is inspired from the earlier trend of hiring fair-faced foreigners to join Chinese companies as fake employees and business partners. And there’s a popular term all over Chinese blogs called 剩女(shèng nǚ), literally meaning the left over women. “These women have passed their lawful marriage age and most of their peers have gotten married with child. Most of “剩女” have high income and high education and they are independent in nature. Sometimes they are called “优剩女” (yōu shèng nǚ) meaning the left over excellence.” So I’m not surprised that social media agency came up with this campaign. I find it kind of lame but well, maybe the Chinese consider it as “thinking outside the box”…It should gain some attention, hopefully not ending up being the butt of jokes…

Totally agree with Ray.

I think the concept is inspired from the earlier trend of hiring fair-faced foreigners to join Chinese companies as fake employees and business partners. And there’s a popular term all over Chinese blogs called 剩女(shèng nǚ), literally meaning the left over women. “These women have passed their lawful marriage age and most of their peers have gotten married with child. Most of “剩女” have high income and high education and they are independent in nature. Sometimes they are called “优剩女” (yōu shèng nǚ) meaning the left over excellence.” So I’m not surprised that social media agency came up with this campaign. I find it kind of lame but well, maybe the Chinese consider it as “thinking outside the box”…It should gain some attention, hopefully not ending up being the butt of jokes…

Participant

@Ray.

Why would a Chinese girl have to pay such big bucks to get a fake boyfriend?

It is more difficult to get a boyfriend or girlfriend nowadays. This is not just China it’s anywhere. But In China if the people don’t get marriage it’s big pressure for their parents, because Chinese do pay lot’s of attention to others business, all friends and all relatives do ask lots of questions like do you get married? Is your kid getting married? Because have later generation is such important things for this nation, is it because we are country of agriculture?

People who don’t have boyfriend or girlfriend all feel very guilty because they know they cause big problem for their parents, it’s like they do something wrong, they have feel so……..sorry for not bring their parents a good answer. They feel very bad about disappoint their parents.

And you know in China we don’t encourage people live in different life .If somebody act differently from others or he or she don’t have same life as others, then he or she will get lot’s of bad gossip. Like maybe she have problem? Or maybe he is a gay?

And generally speaking I think Chinese don’t like act differently, or not use to act differently. How one can act differently if from kindergarten age already been told always do same thing as others do and never question why! These kinds of education teach Chinese to be follower instead of creator. Then one day when they find out they have something different compare with others, they don’t have marriage! That’s make them very worry about it.

And there also have a question about love. Is Chinese believing love? I don’t know. It seems we believe it because we have so many good symbolic meaning about love, so many beautiful idioms about love, but it looks like Chinese’s idea of love is more practical. It’s more about money, it’s like anybody who have find a rich husband then it means she will have a happy ever marriage. This scary to death about being poor is just rooted in our blood, yes we do have Confucianism about encourage people go to pursue more spiritual things. But I always think for ordinary people hunger is main visitor every day, just think about it for 5000years history how many years is ordinary people getting rich?? Only emperors are very rich! Since no government in our history given people a break to have little time read a book. Then there I guess in Chinese’s subconscious will say please don’t talk about love, talk about money!

For language reason and not many chances to meet a foreigners the only images know about foreigners is from the movie, this lead to Chinese thinking foreigners are all very rich. Married with foreigners means have very rich life, can lived in the big house can have big car, can go to paradise. And also I think lot’s of Chinese quite upset about our country and government, then start thinking other country must be better for everything. And there is one more things puzzle me now is I find out even some middleclass Chinese are thinking foreign country is better for everything. This is terribly wrong! A t least I know foreign country is not better for everything!

And I also think Chinese don’t have enough confidence for themselves, they want have face so much , have others jealous as more as they can! Is this back to our culture again? Try your best let your ancestor have more honor by got higher position and richer. Actually I still not figure out why Chinese want have face so much? And in Chinese culture women always is told to be make contribution for family but never talking about women have right to pressure love, so I guess in a Chinese women subconscious if she can bring some face to honor the family she will be very happy. And same time I was suspicious about if Chinese women really know how to love themselves. It’s like they never really focus on themselves, does they ever really know what’s they need?

I actually hope more Chinese women love themselves more. Find out real happiness.

Life is short and beautiful, should not be wasted.

Participant

@Ray.

Why would a Chinese girl have to pay such big bucks to get a fake boyfriend?

It is more difficult to get a boyfriend or girlfriend nowadays. This is not just China it’s anywhere. But In China if the people don’t get marriage it’s big pressure for their parents, because Chinese do pay lot’s of attention to others business, all friends and all relatives do ask lots of questions like do you get married? Is your kid getting married? Because have later generation is such important things for this nation, is it because we are country of agriculture?

People who don’t have boyfriend or girlfriend all feel very guilty because they know they cause big problem for their parents, it’s like they do something wrong, they have feel so……..sorry for not bring their parents a good answer. They feel very bad about disappoint their parents.

And you know in China we don’t encourage people live in different life .If somebody act differently from others or he or she don’t have same life as others, then he or she will get lot’s of bad gossip. Like maybe she have problem? Or maybe he is a gay?

And generally speaking I think Chinese don’t like act differently, or not use to act differently. How one can act differently if from kindergarten age already been told always do same thing as others do and never question why! These kinds of education teach Chinese to be follower instead of creator. Then one day when they find out they have something different compare with others, they don’t have marriage! That’s make them very worry about it.

And there also have a question about love. Is Chinese believing love? I don’t know. It seems we believe it because we have so many good symbolic meaning about love, so many beautiful idioms about love, but it looks like Chinese’s idea of love is more practical. It’s more about money, it’s like anybody who have find a rich husband then it means she will have a happy ever marriage. This scary to death about being poor is just rooted in our blood, yes we do have Confucianism about encourage people go to pursue more spiritual things. But I always think for ordinary people hunger is main visitor every day, just think about it for 5000years history how many years is ordinary people getting rich?? Only emperors are very rich! Since no government in our history given people a break to have little time read a book. Then there I guess in Chinese’s subconscious will say please don’t talk about love, talk about money!

For language reason and not many chances to meet a foreigners the only images know about foreigners is from the movie, this lead to Chinese thinking foreigners are all very rich. Married with foreigners means have very rich life, can lived in the big house can have big car, can go to paradise. And also I think lot’s of Chinese quite upset about our country and government, then start thinking other country must be better for everything. And there is one more things puzzle me now is I find out even some middleclass Chinese are thinking foreign country is better for everything. This is terribly wrong! A t least I know foreign country is not better for everything!

And I also think Chinese don’t have enough confidence for themselves, they want have face so much , have others jealous as more as they can! Is this back to our culture again? Try your best let your ancestor have more honor by got higher position and richer. Actually I still not figure out why Chinese want have face so much? And in Chinese culture women always is told to be make contribution for family but never talking about women have right to pressure love, so I guess in a Chinese women subconscious if she can bring some face to honor the family she will be very happy. And same time I was suspicious about if Chinese women really know how to love themselves. It’s like they never really focus on themselves, does they ever really know what’s they need?

I actually hope more Chinese women love themselves more. Find out real happiness.

Life is short and beautiful, should not be wasted.

Thanks for this linka999

Very useful for me.

I live in Norway and have Chinese colleagues both here in Grimstad and in Chengdu. I’m puzzled with Chinese mentality, but understand more and more.

Like when I ask about outdoor living and the mountains around Chengdu the people I know has no idea.

It seems like so much energy is put into living day by day so there has not been much room to look outside the city. Both because of money and lack of spare time to use.

Also the wish to not “stand out from the crowd” is something that isn’t particularily useful in a working environment where we need all the creativity and different thinking that we can get.

Kind Regards,

Jan

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.