Disco Death Friday 11/26 with Conrank

HomeForumsIn ChengduDisco Death Friday 11/26 with Conrank

• This topic has 24 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Avatar photoRay.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

discodeath-conrank-forum.gif

Edit: Photos added!

discodeath-sign.jpg

conrank-forum.jpg

conrank2-forum.jpg

conrank3-forum.jpg

conrank4-forum.jpg

jc-xiongmao.jpg

jovian-forum.jpg

justin-spinning-forum.jpg

late-night.jpg

Next Saturday at Xiong Mao, we’re hosting another bad ass DJ in mainland China who’s never performed in Chengdu. He’s a beatboxer, drumstep producer, and DJ. Here’s the bio for CONRANK, this months Disco Death guest:

Hailing from London, currently residing in Shanghai, ConRank is a DnB/drumstep producer with a fresh sound. With many years involvement in the music industry Conrank knows his onions; he was one of Europe’s top beat-boxers and had his own MTV show. ConRank has taken his musical influences from the past years and created his own take on the emerging genre that is drumstep . Live he pulls those influences into a mashup of Hip-Hop , DnB , Dubstep and Jungle – looped up with his own beats , basslines and tracks to create something energetic and eclectic – a show which is quickly gaining a reputation with clubbers across europe and asia alike, recently being awarded “Best international DJ 2010? by the people of Taiwan.

Conrank recently rocked over 2000 people at UK festival “Secret Garden Party”. In the studio ConRank has released 2 singles and an E.P “State Of Play” on his own label Rankadank. With an E.P called ‘Next Step’ on High Rankin’s highly respected label “Suicide Dub” as well as Will Bailey’s label “Simma Records” and several remixes on various labels including Top Billin & Y4K, his productions are starting to make noise with DJs and clubbers alike.

ConRank has also launched his own label, Rankadank Records, which is going from strength to strength. There are currently 5 acts set to release music in 2011 and the label is receiving support on radio and in press across the world including Demon FM, Kane FM, Juice Magazine, Knowledge Magazine, Smart Shanghai & Waakao.

Not content with producing, running a label and DJing, he’s also currently working with world no.1 beatboxer Killa Kela on the aptly named project “Kela & ConRank” . So far ConRank’s tracks have caught the ears of the likes of Nerm (BBC Radio 1) , Nike and Basher (Ram Records) picking up various radio plays along the way. Conrank is coming, step to the drum.

Conrank on Soundcloud

If you want a ticket you know the deal, post a comment below with your name. One forum username per ticket.

There is a limit of 10 tickets!

first! I’m in

Participant

Sounds good!

Snatch!!

Participant

Me too!

Participant

Me three!

Keymaster

This is limited to ten free tickets. Added to the original post!

Participant

I want two tickets!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I want two tickets!

One forum username per ticket.

Participant

Okay, one is also good

Participant

hellz yeah. i was listening to his soundcloud at work. ol’ grimey uk goodness count me in

One for me pls!

It’s great.

Thank you Charlie

It’s great.

Thank you Charlie

Yahbro! 10!

Yahbro! 10!

Participant

Looking forward to this.

CQ Scene posted an interview with him the other day. Read it here

Participant

Hi Charlie, little bird told me you might still have one ticket for this avail. If so, I’m in… let me know 🙂

Participant

yeah, Johnny missed his train twice and is in Shenzhen, so that makes 1 extra.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hi Charlie, little bird told me you might still have one ticket for this avail. If so, I’m in… let me know 🙂

No problem 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.