Document Legalization in China

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionDocument Legalization in China

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #51862
    Avatar photophilgreg9

    hi i would like a little bit of advice, i am coming over here on a tourist visa and i am going to start working for a school right away and while i am in China i am going to go and get a working visa.  My school have asked me to get my BA diploma and my police check legalised, is there any way of doing this in China because i don’t really have the time to do it while i am home because i am coming to China very soon. i have a 3 month tourist visa in China so time is not an issue while i am there.  Any information would be great.

    Avatar photoCharlie


    Unfortunately those things are required by the government, I don’t think there’s any way around them. You should consult with your employer but I think they will tell you the same thing. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

    Avatar photoOlsen

    You’ll likely need it legalized by both your own government and a Chinese embassy or consulate in your country, although there’s no reason why you would have to do it in person, get an agent and have it sent to Chengdu!

    Avatar photodrjtrekker


    Sounds like u didn’t do u homework, or u are willing to risk getting screwed over by the employer and possibly get in legal trouble with the govt.

    If your employer is legally able to hire a foreigner, then they would issue you a Z visa first and you would come over on that and then the school would get your work permit.

    Sometimes schools will use an agent or a company that will “sponsor” you, but that would mean that your particular school does not have the legal ability to actually hire you.  Or, as with many, they will tell you something that is not true, or you may agree to their arrangement, but technically you may still be working illegally, and thus could suffer the consequences of such action.

    What is the school? It’s possible someone here works there or knows the place and can give you some info.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.