Does Anyone Host Weekly Poker Nights?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionDoes Anyone Host Weekly Poker Nights?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Would like to get to play poker here in chengdu or just hang out with people who speaks english as i cant speak chinese well. I just arrivial in chengdu about a few months. so hopefully looking for people who can hang out and have a game of poker or just chill out.

oh on another note you can contact me if you have any games or what so ever at [email protected]

Keymaster

I know someone who hosts weekly games but I’m not sure if they’re open to outsiders. I will send an email with a link to this thread and he can come here and post info himself if he wants.

just for the record, i’d also be interested

Participant

Dave’s Oasis has poker nights 3 times a week..head over tuesday? thursday and saturday. I’ll be there tomorrow (more than likely).

Just walk in buy a beer and push in for a seat if it’s not overly crowded. It’s all limited, so you can’t win or lose big, just a friendly game. Paname has tournaments some nights, at least I think Saturday nights..maybe wrong on the day tho.

Thank You ! I be heading down soon

Participant
    Quote:
    Paname has tournaments some nights, at least I think Saturday nights..maybe wrong on the day tho.

Paname host a tournament evening every thursday, but you have to ask for an invite text message from Melon (the boss). He likes to know beforehand how many people are going to play. If you arrive early enough (<9PM) and ask him it shouldn’t be a problem.

It’s not really for cash though. It’s 50RMB entry and free beer all night. Also free tequila untill the game is over. Places 1-3 get vouchers to drink in Paname (1st is 600RMB, 2nd 300RMB, 3rd 100RMB if I remember correctly). It’s mostly about 16 people and you can rebuy for half the amount of chips until a certain time…

Oh, and you also have to do a punishment tequila shot for every mistake you make (not posting blinds, making a move before your turn, being an idiot, …).

Participant

Dave’d does have decent stakes poker. friend of mine lost 1200 a few weeks ago. All texas hold em btw. I would be willing to consider another game, revolving hosts or one single host perhaps.

Participant
    Quote:
    Dave’d does have decent stakes poker. friend of mine lost 1200 a few weeks ago.

Blinds? Max buyin? Full ring?

Participant

i dont know, never played at dave’s, but with 1200 lost over several hours, can’t be too high. I am saying 1/2 or 2/5 at most. Maybe 5/10 on the blinds. I played 5/10 and 10/25 in Shanghai and pots routinely hit 1200+ so losing 10k in a night was common. Or winning 😉 There is a small local game with .5/.5 blinds i think. Lotsa people and low stakes, good times if you’re just looking to talk shit and bet on 7 -4 unsuited.

I would like to see a good 2/5 or 5/10 game with 1000 rmb min. buy ins. I know that sounds rich, but only because most laowai here are broke. I would definitely sell shit to feed a bad gambling habit for the fun of a good, dangerous poker game. dangerous being the possibility of losing a few thousand, not a few hundred. I suppose having written this, i have called down the ire of the gods and will proceed to lose my pants to bums like vincent, chris and the lurking shark billy tai.

Participant

seeing as people who have started these games have been picked up and held by police in shanghai, i suggest we take the discussion elsewhere. contact me if you like

Participant

@1200, WA? Was it jojo?

You can lose that much if you play tournaments and repeatedly buy in, esp late in the game, because the buyins go up with each blind up, can be a few hundred to re-buy in…but that’s a rarity.

The tournaments are 100 buyin. Cash games are 50rmb buy in, can’t re-buy til yer out, and blinds are equiv to .5/1 rmb, so you can’t really lose much even after hours of playing unless you’re horrible 😉 It’s not so cash-winning as much as guys hanging out.

Agreed, maybe better to kill the thread, start a PM conversation, and add people who enquire in the public forum?

Participant

not sure what was up. he texted me at 5am while out with the dude who took him. he said that dude would go all in with 10-3, hit it on the flop, my buddy would die with JJ. There was one hand where dude hit 4 Ks, so i think it was just one of those “even the sun shines on a dog’s ass sometimes” nights for the dude who won. They partied all night tho, so my buddy wasn’t all that pissed. just shaking his head over the dumb luck.

Participant

Sounds like one of Wes’ complaints to me 😉 but he doesn’t fit the “dude who took him” role. Yah, there are lots of 10-3 all in nonsense hands there.. Often ends around 5am, sometimes goes on to KTV or whatever afterwards on weekends, it’s generally good fun unless you’re playing ‘seriously’.

Participant

I’ll head back on Thursday more than likely, if anyone else going let me know I’ll keep an eye out 😀

I just been to Dave’s Place not a bad place … Great Pizza by the way for chengdu’s standard. But it’s always pack with people which is great. But was wondering if there is like home games or anything else, sorry i dont drink so not really interested in the drink vouchers.

Thanks for the feedback guys by the way.

Participant

pm me, like i said earlier:

if we want to get a game going, it’s best to just pm each other. I like the idea of a home game. my email is available all over this site. cheers,

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.