Does this machine wash AND dry my clothes??

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionDoes this machine wash AND dry my clothes??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone!

We arrived last week, and just moved into a brand new apartment! After living in a bad hotel for a week, we have a pile of laundry to do… And we were happy to see this brand new washing machine right at our door!

But…

We are still learning the language, and Google translate just confuses me…

Can anyone take a look at the pic and tell me if this machine will also DRY my clothes? A friend of mine living in Wales had a machine in her kitchen like this and it both washed and dried.

Before I load it up, I’d like to know if I will have to hang dry or not… It’s so cold right now, I’m not sure a sweater will ever dry!!

Thanks so much!!

Participant

pics…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Chinese gf says that it can indeed dry the clothes. It’s the last circle on the big round knob

Participant

you.

are.

AMAZING!!

You saved me such a headache… thought I was gonna have to hang dry and wait 5 days 😉

Thanks!

BTW, Google translate said that last circle on the big round knob was “single dehydration” which I was *hoping* actually meant “dry”… YAY!

Participant

Get the Pleco app on your phone. Paid version has an optical character recognition feature.

Participant

Google is right, it means dehydration which was not ‘dry’ you hoping. after dehydration you should wait clothes to totally dry

maybe you can have another dry machine

Participant

It probably meant spin rinse, not really dry.

It’s the spin cycle that drains the water. Your clothes will still be wet and you’ll need to hang dry them.

Dryers are uncommon in China, but they’re available for purchase. Line/hang drying, although inconvenient, is nice because it doesn’t damage your clothes and therefore makes them last longer. Though with the lack of sunlight in Chengdu, can result in occasional moldy smells. You just gotta hang everything up immediately after it’s done.

Get a clothes drying rack from IKEA and one of those hanging octopus things with multiple clothespins.

Participant

@Chris We have washer/drier combos, but they’re not cheap – I think one was ~6k and another was 7krmb. The drying isn’t a hardcore spin dry, but a relatively slow drying mechanism that doesn’t seem to do the same rough 1hour dry cycle damage to clothing, but it does take like 3 hours to go through the cycle.. it’s a Toshiba. One downfall is that the ‘computer burnt out’ according to their repair guy, and it cost 1300rmb for a really basic-bitch of a board to fix, which occurred just after 2 years after purchase.

I agree that a clothes drying rack is a good immediate solution, and even better if you use a radiator as heating and keep it nearby – shouldn’t take days to dry anything.

Participant

Yes yes… Dehydration is spin cycle.

And you are right about dryers beating up the clothes… I may check IKEA for some solutions, but in the meantime, I took the handle off my broom, took the rod out of my little closet and made it happen! Check the pic.

Thanks for all the responses! Love this community feel…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Nice MacGyvering!

I wish I had a pic of my first drying rig. I used a shower curtain rod in the bathroom and had the heatlamps on them for a couple hours.

And even before that when I was living in the dorms, I had my clothes hanging on a wire with a fan blowing on them.

Participant

I wish I had a pic of my first drying rig.

Ok, you’ve out-MacGyvered. New people in the ‘du need support too, sometimes let wins feel like wins. 😀

Participant

Tumble dryers are pretty rear in china.  And  yes , the Combi-waching machines are quite pricey(the cheapest is about 4000 kuai)

I once  saw a Toshiba tumble dryer on sale in B&Q for about 2000. And it’s quite small.

There are alternative(cheaper) ones on jd/taobao. Try search by keyword “干衣机”.

Keymaster

As others have said, dryers are almost nonexistent in China. But not using a dryer will allow your clothes to last a lot longer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.