Dojo Mega House Party #6, Sat. 8/24

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionDojo Mega House Party #6, Sat. 8/24

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Dojo has a new website! See it here: Chengdu Dojo

The sixth house party at Dojo is upon us. If you guys haven’t heard about these events, they are already the stuff of Chengdu legend. Here’s what’s at this event:

This is the first time we’ve ever hosted a lineup like this at Dojo. J.Fever (???) and ?? are unquestionably two of the best rappers in China. Both of them have long been recording music for a huge audience (like this) and have for years been decimating opponents in China’s rap battle scene (like this). Dawei is a national Iron Mic battle champion (video here). Joining those two are Chengdu’s best rappers: Kafe Hu & Fat Shady.

But it’s not rap all night!

Eight DJ’s are on the lineup, 6 living in Chengdu and 2 coming from Chongqing (Mike Weed & Slim Doctor). No pop music and lots of musical diversity. Big sound! Three areas.

Get your bounce on this Saturday at Dojo in our bouncy castle. Well, okay, the castle is on loan. Still, check this thing out, it was a hit at the last Dojo event and this time it’s back.

We cooperate with Sinostage, the most elite street dance organization in Chengdu, which regularly hosts some of the world’s best dancers and choreographers to lead classes. Last time we had a dance competition with prizes and this time Sinostage has something else planned.

Turns out this house came with a ping pong table. It quickly turned into a beer pong table. Then it turned into a cosmic beer pong table, which was a hit last time. Black lights, glowing balls, glowing water: you know the deal.

We’re up in the kitchen cooking up magic. Seriously, the food is really good and some of this stuff you can’t get anywhere else. Like Deep Fried Oreos, Grilled Cheese with Bacon, and our famous Baijiu Watermelon. This time we’re preparing new food items that you probably haven’t seen before. We’ll keep that a surprise.

Qingdao is 10 yuan, or you can ball out on Beerlao for 20 yuan, player. We have Jungle Juice, locally brewed beer, and jello shots, too.

• Starts at 6pm, goes really late
    • Free entry
    • Location is in Flower Town, the address and Google Map is here

You can take a taxi directly there, which will cost you about 50 yuan from Chengdu. Split it with friends and get there cheap and easy.

You can also the subway, get off at the second to last stop on the Eastern end of Line 2 (it’s called Honghe, ??). At exit A1 you’ll see cars with the Dojo logo who’ll take you to our gate for 15-20 yuan.

The same drivers will be waiting at our gate to take you back into the city late at night in whatever state of inebriation you’re in as long as you can communicate a location.

All this info is on the official Dojo website.

Spread the news and bring your friends. The more the merrier. There’s a possibility that this will be the final Dojo event. Fingers crossed, we’re hoping it’s not.

You can see some photos of previous Dojo events here and follow Dojo on Weibo here.

Participant

This event.  Once the new flyer’s out it sends a chill down my spine.  It’s a real freakhouse of fun where your wildest dreams will (if they haven’t already) come true.  No point in even second-guessing the velocity with which pure joy will hit you, saturating your mind’n’soul with a blissful feeling of ‘holy fuck.  This is fucking siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.’

No joke.  If you don’t find yourself there, whether you’re abroad on a visa run,  hiking through the hinterlands of Western Sichuan, reclusing at home, then it’s a strong indication you’ve got your priorities wrong.  Real wrong.

Until then fellow partygoers.

Participant

Another Dojo event! Fuck yeah!

It is a rare thing to keep on improving something that is already freaking awesome, but here we are again with another Dojo event and another night (or day if you are one of the wonderful guests that pass out on any available surface and spends the night) of fun!

Oh yeah! 

Participant

Only 10 days to go and Dojo is already looking set to host our most legendary event to date! Good times are guaranteed even for the folks with the more esoteric dreams. The house has already proven popular with ecstatic tree climbers, narcoleptic wallet misplacers, Estonian model hedonists faceplanting their way to the god molecule and zombified DJs with a penchant for Slayer. Don’t worry, the last two, like the Bogeyman, only appear after you’ve gone to bed. We’re hoping that more eccentric characters will come out of their shells and reveal themselves to the Dojo collective in their full untethered glory while having a whale of a time.

Participant

Cannot wait for this, only 4 days to go!

hommgggg here we go again!

Since DOJO partygoers drink in excess there have been health concerns.  This time we’ve got you covered with some surprise treats.  Here’s a hint:

TIL – Gummy Bears protect stomach lining from alcohol and reduce stomach ulcer size by 50%. from todayilearned

Participant

Anyone interested in cycling out to Dojo Saturday afternoon?  There will be a big group leaving from Natooke成都 at 6pm with the new Banana Boat, BYO road sodas, and music in tow.  Like a pre-party on wheels.

Participant

Party!!!! pArty!!! OH yeah

Participant

okay. see you guys there.

Looks like a big attendance is due at this one, with a few new faces. Have to get these in while we still have the Summer!

Participant

Wish i could go :'((((

Keymaster

This event was nuts – we got rained on pretty hard, which pushed an insane amount of people inside the house! All told, this was the latest event that we’ve hosted, we stopped DJ’ing at something like 5:30am.

Photos right here

A few shout outs:

• What up to everyone who I met off the forum at Dojo, nice to meet new people!
    • the Chongqing crowd at Dojo is growing! Aside from Laogui (Nuts Club owner – pleasure to meet him and his wife!), DJ’s Mike Weed and Slim Doctor brought their own crews with them on the bullet train. Respect to Chongqing for coming out.
    • Everyone who didn’t let the rain stop the party, you are incredible. Unforgettable night for sure
    • Whoever the guy was who was wearing a dress, thanks for coming out and doing your thing
    • Sorry to the four people (that I know about) who lost their cell phones. Things tend to get lost at Dojo.
    • A Jinkinson successor has emerged: SHAEFER, WE HAVE YOUR WALLET!
    • The Piñata somehow made it out alive, so we’ll destroy it at the next event. Originally we had planned to have 大卫 rip it to pieces with his nunchucks (he has great nunchuck skills, girls love that) but rain messed with our plan. Next time you won’t make it out, Piñata.
    • Adrien for taking photos and video
    • Thanks to all the DJs and performers! Mike Weed, Slim Doctor, Martin, Ghost of Marco, Luna, Jovian, Jason the Beatboxer, and everyone else. The range of music at these events is awesome.
    • Thanks to Hise for being our beloved maniac. Dojo wouldn’t be the same without you, man.

Lights up, bubbles down. Catch everyone at the next event, which is probably going to be Saturday, September 14th.

Not only was it another great party, but it had a different feel and unique vibe as each one does. I love meeting all the new people and seeing all the regulars even if I can’t remember all your names. Blame it on the suh-suh-suh-suh-substances. I got electrocuted, but I do it for all the people that come out to rage.

And to the unfortunate challengers that couldn’t defeat me in beer pong, there’s always next time.

party hardy

Participant

Great, you found the wallet! Let me know how I can collect it from you.

Awesome night, looking forward to the next…

Participant

i fell asleep before i event left the house >_>;

Participant

That last GIF is rapidly changing my life. When I’m struggling with anger management (a daily battle) i watch it for 20 or 30 minutes and i feel CALM, SERENE, TRANQUIL…seriously, this shit works. Thank you Pepe.

Participant

Participant

What a great first night in China! As a introduction to Chengdu I couldn’t of asked for more. Can’t wait for the next one.

Participant

Volunteer bartender of the century, here.  Good to meet you at this last party, Rob, and looking forward to the next!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.