Domain Name Registration from Mainland…

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionDomain Name Registration from Mainland…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to register a new domain through my Chinese banking, but am having trouble finding a registrar that accepts UnionPay. Godaddy do not, so PayPal doesn’t work with them when linked to a Chinese account. Frustratingly they have an Alipay option, but only if you hold a Mainland ID#.

Have any of you registered domains successfully using Chinese banking or payment methods?

If you tell me the domain name then I will buy it for you. Then out of the goodness of my heart, sell it on to you for a profit! 😉

Alternatively, you could try a Chinese registrar, http://www.net.cn/.

Keymaster

I would just use Paypal to pay for domain registration since it’s so cheap and reliable (around $9 / year). I would also suggest you avoid GoDaddy, use something like Namecheap.

Checking out net.cn it looks like the cost of registering a .com address at net.cn is more than twice as much as somewhere reputable like NameCheap.

I have always used joker.com, ~$12/year. The price includes mail forwarding, dynamic DNS and a bunch of other features. They too accept payment via paypal.

I just used namecheap. Was a quick process, and good pricing too.

Thanks.

Participant

iPage Hosting Package – The Essential

€ 1.95 per month (€ 23.40 for 12 months)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.