Donuts and Photography

HomeForumsIn ChengduDonuts and Photography

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows of any photography club/meet at the Bookworm? I heard tell of it a while back and was curious if anyone has any up- to- date information about it, or something like it here in the city?

Also, I wanted to give a quick shout out to Johnny 5 donuts, (9 Tongzilin Nan Lu #14) a few doors down from Mikes pizza. If you haven’t been, it may help take away the Winter in Chengdu blues.

Keymaster

They used to post information about the photography club on here, but we haven’t seen anything recently. I’m not sure if they are still meeting at Bookworm.

Haven’t been to Johnny 5 donuts yet, but looking forward to checking it out. I recently heard the story about how it opened (it came out in a podcast we recorded the other day with Mike of MPK), sounds like a great place. I will add it to Chengdu Places when I have a chance to visit.

Participant

The camera club was closed in response to the Bookworm making it clear that we were not welcome and members failing to support walk-abouts.

Participant

I guess that explains why the meetup.com group seemed dead when I stumbled on it. I’d be up for meeting with some camera enthusiasts, I’m a point and shoot newb though.

Johnny 5’s is legit btw.

Had a chat with him and he’s a nice guy. He should, hopefully, be fulfilling my request of adding frosted chocolate cake donuts to the menu. The original glazed, donut holes, and cronuts are top notch. Plus 12 kuai coffee. Head there earlier rather than later. They sell out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.