EARTHQUAKE!!!!

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionEARTHQUAKE!!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Holy shit! That was really strong!

Everyone is in the street outside!

Participant

Yeah, it’s still shaking, quite a long one too.

Participant

Aftershocks….

Participant

Yeah that was quite big, maybe the first of many?

What a way to start the morning

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yeah that was quite big, maybe the first of many?

Pictures fell off my wall, and I heard people screaming within 20 seconds. Quite strong indeed. I haven’t seen or heard any information about this, nothing online yet.

Participant

Master Bldg was wobbly. Nobody seems too bothered by it. I’m with Charlie…HOLY SHIT!

Participant

Im still inside, i say its about a 4-5.. 5.6 at least. The aftershocks shouldnt be too bad unless it’s man made. Nothing to be scared of.

Wonder where the epicenter is..

Finally my geology classes are putting it’s worth.

Participant

felt it here in wenjiang, don’t think it was as strong though but I’m not sure what to compare it to…first earthquake i’ve felt since i was a wee babe

Participant

And no way in hell am i going outside half naked from the top floor. 😛

Keymaster
    Quote:
    felt it here in wenjiang, don’t think it was as strong though but I’m not sure what to compare it to…first earthquake i’ve felt since i was a wee babe

The 2008 earthquake was unbelievably violent, I don’t think anything compares to that in my mind.

Anyone see any news on this yet?

Participant

Magnitude 7 in Ya’an

Participant

Seeing a 6.7 here…I thought it felt smaller. wow all the way from Ya’an and only a 7???

http://www.world-earthquakes.com/

Participant

Wow around a 7, didn’t think it was strong as that.

Participant

6.9 at somewhere called Linqiong. Only 115 km away from Chengdu… Yikes! USGS Info

Keymaster
    Quote:
    6.9 at somewhere called Linqiong. Only 115 km away from Chengdu… Yikes! USGS Info

That’s the info I was just looking at also, from the USGS. Must have really shaken them up in Yaan.

Participant

Just for future reference, does anyone know of any local govt. sites that post earthquake info in a more timely manner? I’m sure the USGS is accurate, but it was a little slow…

Participant

I was on my bike and didn’t feel anything, but saw people rushing out of there houses. Also an ATM was going crazy, then I thought it might have been an earthquake. It seems though the majority doesn’t take it very serious. The school I teach at just continues teaching the kids.

Participant

i thought it was mad crazy sex from my neighbors again.

i only felt the vibrations on my bed, but once i got on my feet it was fine.

Participant

I was enjoying my cup of tea and applauding myself for getting up early for once then the bloody building started to dance, I cra**ed myself! A few things came flying off my shelves, heard the neighbours scream, heard something break upstairs wow what a start to the day.

I hope everyone is safe and in the case of this are we supposed to go outside as I don’t know earthquake protocol?

Participant
    Quote:
    i thought it was mad crazy sex from my neighbors again.

Haha, that’s what I thought 1.5 years ago when there was a small earthquake in the middle of the night.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 123 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.