Elite Street Fitness Camp – June

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionElite Street Fitness Camp – June

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Howdy fellow Chengduers,

Elite Fitness Chengdu will hold it’s first street fitness camp beginning next month; June 1st. Classes will be held every Saturday morning from 8:00 until 9:00. We currently have a couple of locations in mind (people’s park, next to the river near lan kwai fong and the hemp house, or along the river near renmin nan lu and bingjiangzhong lu), but we are interested in seeing if anyone else has any suggestions on a good location. Classes will cost 35 rmb per class, but if you pay for the entire month by June 2nd we will only charge you 100 rmb. Classes will utilize a full-body workout using body-weight and calisthenic exercises. It’s a good chance to get out, get fit, and meet some active people. If everything goes well we will offer classes more often in July.

If you are interested in joining us you can contact us via our website EliteFitnessAnywhere.com or qq2521960698.

Keymaster

Can you describe the process? Is this like doing pushups, pull ups, and dips in the park or something very different?

Not sure if this is relevant, but my first thought when I saw this post was the Thug Workout DVD by Ruff Ryderz which was released in the early 2000’s. They basically go to the hood in several different major US cities and follow the public park workout regime of drug dealers, rappers, and ex-cons. In the park they perform insane athletic feats like lateral pull ups (the expert at this is named “The Hood Jesus”) and grunt “Yeah N-Word!” as encouragement while others are pounding out push ups. Highly recommended.

Oh man I have got to see this DVD.

Someone should totally make one that travels to all these street exercise ‘equipment’ areas dotted around Chengdu.  Spinning floor discs, zero resistance donkey stirrups, and knobbly steering wheel workouts for the win.  The one beside Lang Kwai Fong used to be crackin’ at night before they hoarded it up for recent road works.

Keymaster

Oh man I have got to see this DVD.

You simply have to. You should be able to find it on bit torrent pretty easily, or I can hook you up. Throughout the DVD it’s constantly shifting between being hilarious and actually very impressive how athletic those guys are. True to the DVD’s name, they are extremely thugged out.

Participant

You pretty much nailed it Charlie, just no thugs or use of the N-word. We’re going to be doing a lot of body-weight exercises and calisthenics; push-ups, pull-ups, air-squats, dips, sprints, lunges, etc. You can check out videos on youtube by the bar brothers or barstarzz to get an idea, but it will be much less intense. We will meet at the equipment near Lan Kwai Fong along the mianjiang river on Saturday at 8:00. If you are interested in joining us you should bring some cheap gloves to protect your hands and some water. It will be a 45 minute full-body workout. You definitely won’t get as big as Brandon doing this workout, but it’s a good way to get out and get fit.

As for your video idea Brandon, it is in the works ;-). I met a couple of guys who are about 45 years old doing handstand push-ups on a street corner the other day. I asked them if I could stop by one day and make a mini-documentary and they agreed. I hope to eventually do one a month by going to these random places and meeting people who stay in incredible shape without stepping foot in a gym.

Ultimately this is all leading up to our own location. We hope to open a gym in the next 6 months in the east side of the city and are trying to gauge demand. The gym will focus on offering some striking workouts (boxing, muay thai, sanda), TRX and calisthenic workouts, and some hip-hop dance workouts.

I hope to see a few people on Saturday.

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

B – R – E – N – D – A – N

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND ATTENTION.

Participant

Brendan/Brandon 差不多. Sorry buddy. Don’t go all Hulk Smash on me 😛
    Brendan Smash, not Brandon!

LOL.

Pop Quiz:  Does this guy die?

Participant

Nope. Thor takes him back to Asgard.

Participant

Here’s the first video of the series; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cqwrAPPv20 If anyone has any suggestions where I can go to find more of the same I’d appreciate it.

Participant
    Participant

Hello, i just got to chengdu from Australia on monday until the end of july and i am looking for a PT 2-3 times a week, not really into group sessions so if you do pt sessions or no anyone who does please let me know

Thanks
    J

Participant

Hello Jamie,

I just sent you a private message.

Participant

I can be reached by Email @ EliteFitnessChengdu @ Outlook . com

Participant

Is this still going on? I’d be interested in trying it out.

Participant

<div class=”result-summary” style=”color: #222222; margin: 3px 0px 4px 15px; font-size: 1.1em; line-height: 1.33; font-family: Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;”>In today’s competitive and challenging environment, most people are having a stressful lifestyle that often results in several physical, mental and emotional ailments. Yoga body fitness is one of the most effective solutions for combating all these problems. A complete body workout, yoga comprises a set of exercises that improves overall body flexibility and fitness. It tones up the body muscles and increases the stamina. Regular practice further ensures added benefits of mental and emotional balance.</div>
    <div class=”result-summary” style=”color: #222222; margin: 3px 0px 4px 15px; font-size: 1.1em; line-height: 1.33; font-family: Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;”>Cardio</div>

Participant

What you talkin’ ’bout, Willis?

Participant

I’d love to try this out if you’re training? I been going the the park next to the Nike basketball courts near the stadium for the past couple of weeks but would like some people to train with.

Participant

I know it is October, but I just saw this.  I tore my knee up a few years ago and stopped exercising.  I want to start training again.  I did track and field in college and want to get back into at least half of the shape I was in then.  I live in Hong Guang and would only have time to come out on Sundays.  Is there anything going on during Sundays?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.