English Teaching Requirement in Chengdu?

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsEnglish Teaching Requirement in Chengdu?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

One of my English friend wanna come to teaching English in Chengdu, he has been dealing with those agent online for a while and it is not going too well.  Cause school keeps telling him he need 1 or 2 years teaching experience at least to get the teaching job and working visa.

Well, surely he is pretty good at teaching and assign task and communicate with people.

He was doing training a lot while he was manager last 3years …. not sure if it is counted as teaching experience tho….

He is expecting to get around 12k —  17k RMB per month ideally, and if the industry can assist him to get working visa will be great.

So, any suggestions here from you guys? such as where(website) did you find the teaching work? you were going through those agents or directly to the industry etc.

Thanks for your attention and really appreciate any of you guys suggestions.

Cheers!

Participant

Hi, I am actually away to teach english (as a foreign language) in Chengdu. I have no teaching experience what so ever and have not even trained to become a teacher but I am still allowed to go over and teach. My school said to me that because of this I have to fly to Bejing first to complete a TEFL 7 day intensive course which will then allow me a visa to teach in Chengdu.

Here is the site I was directed to with course dates and sign up info: http://tefl.chinajob.com/

I hope this helps 😀

Participant

Yeah OP, the Chengdu PSB does adhere to the 2 year experience policy. Sounds like your friend should update his resume to reflect/emphasize his years of experience as a trainer. If the recruiter didn’t bother to suggest that then I’d probably look for a new one.

My school said to me that because of this I have to fly to Bejing first to complete a TEFL 7 day intensive course which will then allow me a visa to teach in Chengdu.

How much is this excursion costing you? Sounds sketchy as hell but it’s not unheard of.

1. Be White
    2. Come to China
    3. Teach English
    4. Profit?

Participant

WoodWERD, it doesn’t cost that much, you can do the course online too and i’ve spoken to people in the UK (one girl actually knew my friend which was a huge coincidence) about it and it’s totally legit. My parents also scoped out the site and the school that contacted me and i’ve spoken with them on Skype and email and all the paperwork seems legit to. I guess it depends on the actual company/ school and their requirements.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.