Entrepreneurship Meet Sat. 5/4 @ Bookworm

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionEntrepreneurship Meet Sat. 5/4 @ Bookworm

• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Avatar photoXmo.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

For anyone interested in entrepreneurship and business in China; I’m planning on having a round table discussion on “Disruptive Innovation” at 5pm on Saturday May 4th @ The Book Worm.

We had a thought provoking discussion on Bitcoin a couple weeks ago and I’m hoping we can use a similar format for this. This will be very informal, we’ll be sitting around and having a chat with each person contributing their thoughts and perspecitve.

All are welcome!

Please register your interest on this thread

Participant

(: I’m in!

Participant

I will join

Keymaster

Cool, I’m down to join. The bitcoin discussion last time was great.

‘Disruptive Innovation’… Also known as ‘anything innovative whatsoever’.

Can you give more scope as to the direction of this discussion Aaron? I’d be interested if I know it will have some tangible themes.

Participant

Hi Brendan,

I’m hoping we can take a look at disruptive innovation from an entrepreneurial perspective; i.e. new business models / technological changes that challenge successful business. While the topic is broad; the intent is to direct our discussion toward future business opportunities and ideas.

Participant

I’m definitely interested but don’t know yet if I will be ablte to make it…

Participant

Here are a couple videos worth watching to get a better idea of what “Disruptive Innovation” is and how it applies to the marketplace.

How to Spot Disruptive Innovation Opportunities

TEDxBigApple – Vijay Govindarajan – Reverse Innovation (wait for the link to disruptive innovation at the end)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztna1lt_LZE&list=PLYa2kj5G-rI51GGpgpSez6jU_9nc2jKgo

Participant

i’m in. =) Just let us know what time on Sat please. Thanks!

Participant

I look forward to meeting you Jen; we’ll be meeting Saturday @ 5pm

Participant

Thanks, Aaron. See u on Sat.

Participant

Hello Aaron, im a local, can i come too?

Participant

@Antawn, I think so, as it says all are welcome in the post itself. Anyhow, I’m in for real. 😀

Participant

Sounds good, I’m in.

Participant

@ Antawn – As Xmo said above this is an open meeting and all are welcome! I hope to meet you on Saturday afternoon.

Participant

I’m in too.

Keymaster

For those interested in joining, where shall we look for this? Picnic tables outside as with the Bitcoin meeting, or in the large room inside?

Participant

I’m hoping the weather will be nice and we can sit outside on the picnic tables; if not we’ll find a place somewhere in the large room inside.

Just look for the large brick of red Mao’s and you’ll know your in the right place (joking)

Participant

I’m in, Aaron. See you later today.

Participant

We lost a iPad with lightblue cover in bookworm at 4th May night. Has anyone seen it?

If someone know, please call Yang Nie 13701661433. One special gift and my warm thanks.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.