Entrepreneurship Meet Wed. 16/10 @ The Beer Nest

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionEntrepreneurship Meet Wed. 16/10 @ The Beer Nest

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

On Wednesday Oct. 16th at 7pm; we will be having a entrepreneurship networking event at the beer nest.

The focus of this meetup will be an introduction to Social entrepreneurship. We will be having a presentation from Carol Pouget and Melissa Brown from Global Nomad on the work they are currently doing and the concept of social entrepreneurship.

This is a free event and all are welcome to attend.

Please register your interest on this thread

Here is some background info on our speakers and Global Nomad.

Speaker One: Carol Pouget is the Director of Global Nomad’s Chengdu Branch. Carol has spent more than ten years in China learning Chinese and Tibetan (Lhasa and Amdo dialect). She works with the population and the local authorities on developing projects in the Tibetan plateau of Yunnan and Sichuan.

Speaker two: Melissa Brown is a young aspiring social entrepreneur. Having worked with both NGO’s and Corporate Australia, Melissa is convinced that combining the efficiency of business with the social values of NGO’s is key to development. Hence her natural path into the growing world of social entrepreneurship.

Global Nomad is a consulting company for responsible businesses. It is Global Nomad’s belief that through social entrepreneurship and corporate responsibility we can create positive solutions for sustainable local economic development.

Keymaster

Guest speakers this time – this event is really getting an upgrade. These speakers, especially Carol, sounds really interesting. I’ll check this out next Thursday and probably bring a friend or two.

I’ll check this out next Thursday and probably bring a friend or two.

You will be late.

😀

Keymaster

You will be late.

:D

Whoops! Wednesday. I will come check it out.

Participant

Looking forward to this get together; I believe Chengdu can use some more similar quality events (something more than networking) & it might be a good stimulus to let young entrepreneurs mutually support each other even more.

The Beer of the Week is North Coast Red Seal Ale & Wednesday is Men’s Night as usual [Duvel & Maredsous 8 RMB 30 for Gentlemen].

Cheers!

Participant

@Charlie I look forward to seeing you tomorrow night.

We also have a meetup group for those who are interested.

Chengdu Entrepreneurship Meetup

Chengdu, CN
    530 Entrepreneurs

This is an open group to anyone interested in Entrepreneurship and operating a Business in Chengdu, China.We meet every 3rd Wednesday of the Month @ The Beer Nest II for an i…

Next Meetup

Entrepreneurship Meetup 7:30pm @ The Beer Nest II

Wednesday, Apr 17, 2019, 7:30 PM
    1 Attending

Check out this Meetup Group →

Also if you want to join our mailing list click below.

http://eepurl.com/GR83b

Participant

For those who are coming tonight just look for our logo.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Looking forward to this!  Good running into last night Aaron.  Highly recommend this event to anybody who’s got a startup here or is considering it.

Keymaster

How was this last night? Jacob and I went but got there too late…

Brendan called it, I guess.

Participant

Is there going to be another soon? I heard this event was good.

Participant

Thank You to everyone that came out on Wednesday Night!

We had a good night, about 35 people were in attendance for the talk on Social Entrepreneurship.

I was inspired by the passion and creativity of the products currently being built by Chengdu Entrepreneurs. Everything from Uri and Mona working on teaching programming to kids. turtleacademy.com to Karen and Matrix who are building a video game out of their apartment. psychizen.com …there are many more so you’ll have to come check it out!

Our next event is going to be on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7pm at the beer nest. For this coming event we are currently looking for guest speakers. After the guest speakers speak we will hold an open “5 minute pitch” for those who want to share the businesses they are currently working on or get feedback on their ideas.

We also announced our intention to bring a Startup-Weekend event to Chengdu. If there is anyone who would like to be a part of organizing or taking part in this event let us know.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Keymaster

Karen and Matrix who are building a video game out of their apartment. psychizen.com

This looks really cool! Hopefully I can catch these two at the next event.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.