Event: Tian Qiao Alleycat, Thursday March 28th

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionEvent: Tian Qiao Alleycat, Thursday March 28th

• This topic has 25 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Avatar photoIan.
Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Quote:
    Okay fixed gear is cool, but driving against on coming traffic without a helmet….

…is good exercise!!

I’ve debated this before, and while I’d never dissuade anyone from wearing a lid, I choose personally not to wear one (and now I’ll probably get my head cracked open by a taxi/scooter/lemming). I’ve always felt restricted by wearing one, plus it ruins my hair feels uncomfortable which itself is a distraction. Being in the habit of remaining super alert the whole time you’re on the bike should keep you relatively unscathed, personally whenever I’ve been in a jam (like once having to hop from my crossbar over a railing as a bus blindsided me and crushed my bike!) I’ve kept my focus and avoided serious injury. Some of that is luck obviously, otherwise it’s knowing what risks you can take and when you can take them. I love my fixie to death (no pun please oh lord!) and would probably be considered a risk taker when i ride amidst traffic, but there’s no way in hell I’d be without a brake, especially on the streets of Chengdu.

Participant

Oh man. I’ve introduced the helmet debate to CL. I wonder if I can successfully divert the subject…

So my fixed gear has a small front chainring. Does that make me less a man??

Participant

Only if YOU DON’T WEAR YOUR FREAKING HELMENT, JAKE!!!!! Hahahaha!

Does anyone remember the checkpoints or has a picture of the map?

Participant

There were many checkpoints, 13 I believe. Its was different than last time. You didnt have to go to all of them, since every checkpoint was worth a number of points. (the further the more) Within a time limit of one hour you had to be back at the finish. Whoever with the most points won. Points could be found under the pedestrian fly overs. They had put stickers with a number on it which you had to write down, to make sure you actually had been to the place. (is this explained correctly, Larry or Jacob ? ) Too bad that only three people found these stickers tho. besides that it was a fun ride ! I could hear people say on tianfu square how come there were so many bikes all of a sudden haha. If the next alleycat is like the first ond I would volunteer to command a post, aslong as there is a wowo closeby for beers !

Participant

Google Maps! This is the map with all the locations and pointage values. There was 17 total points all of which were valued in accordance to proximity to the start and finish locations as well as ease in finding them.

There were green stickers located on either the western or southern end of each bridge under the stairs. Each with a corresponding number code to be verified. If you watch the video I believe at 2:17 you’ll see a little green dot on the lip of the bridge’s underside.

There was a time limit so a route had to be chosen carefully. I think ultimately this left people in a rush and the stickers often went overlooked. I saw three on the way from the start to finish, all city center. I wouldn’t be surprised if some had been removed in the hours preceding the race. Oh well. Good ride for most regardless.

Participant

Can somebody translate this into Mandarin

425134_492888254093462_1063594306_n.jpg

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.