Where to Buy Fake Sneakers?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhere to Buy Fake Sneakers?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Seems Taobao is cracking down on my favourite fake Adidas sneakers, you used to easily be able to buy a pair in size 45 1/5 for 115 kuai with shipping, but all the sellers are now gone… Buying real ones aren’t an option, since the biggest size they offer in stores here is 43. Anyone know a Taobao alternative that is less strict on fake goods?

Keymaster

Taobao is cracking down on fake sneakers? They might list them under a different name than saying “Adidas” (in either English or Chinese) to avoid scrutiny.

Participant

No luck searching “Gazelle” or “Spezial” either… Let’s hope they’ll return, but you’d think there was a market somewhere ready to accept all the fake stuff Taobao is removing.

Participant

Is there way to just filter men’s shoes by size on Taobao? I was looking around yesterday and couldn’t seem to find an option for that.

Keymaster

Is there way to just filter men’s shoes by size on Taobao? I was looking around yesterday and couldn’t seem to find an option for that.

It automatically shows up when Taobao detects that you are searching for shoes. For example, search for “Nike 鞋” and option to filter by size shoes up at the top.

Participant

Yes, Taobao are clamping down on the fakes…I used to get fake ec*o leather shoes (and size 46s too) for around RMB 200, but now postings for those only appear for a few hours before being removed.

Often they price the item as if were genuine, and then have Chinese text in the product picture that says they will discount the item down to the fake price after you add it your basket, but those ads don’t stay posted for long.

Since Taobao started clamping down, the same fake shoes now cost RMB 400, if you can catch the ad.

Participant

Taobao was recently sued by the largest global luxury goods conglomerate (cant remember the name but I think they own Gucci or LV or Prada). This is pretty unprecedented. They’re also getting some heat after their NASDAQ listing and with the politicking in the US over future presidential candidates. In the past Taobao’s response has been “we are just the portal”….

Keymaster

Yes, Taobao are clamping down on the fakes…I used to get fake ec*o leather shoes (and size 46s too) for around RMB 200, but now postings for those only appear for a few hours before being removed. Often they price the item as if were genuine, and then have Chinese text in the product picture that says they will discount the item down to the fake price after you add it your basket, but those ads don’t stay posted for long. Since Taobao started clamping down, the same fake shoes now cost RMB 400, if you can catch the ad.

Countdown until another online marketplace in China launches that doesn’t remove fake items…

Keymaster

Taobao was recently sued by the largest global luxury goods conglomerate (cant remember the name but I think they own Gucci or LV or Prada). This is pretty unprecedented. They’re also getting some heat after their NASDAQ listing and with the politicking in the US over future presidential candidates. In the past Taobao’s response has been “we are just the portal”….

That is pretty unprecedented if they were successfully sued. The response is usually “We’re in China – come get us.”

Participant

Taobao won’t be that way any more, it is managing itself to become a global brand,supplying commercial platform for every supplier around the world

Participant

Wrong. If it loses it’s huge range (including fakes)then it loses it’s reason for existing, and other more reputable sites like JD step in. Taobao would become Myspace or Digg…..

Keymaster

Wrong. If it loses it’s huge range (including fakes)then it loses it’s reason for existing, and other more reputable sites like JD step in. Taobao would become Myspace or Digg…..

Yeah, I thought there were already sites that have no fakes in China – isn’t that what Tmall is? The beauty of Taobao is the breadth of its selection.

Participant

Taobao makes next to no profit from sellers of fake goods, it’s the branded goods that buy advertising, so I can see why they are cracking down on it being threatened with lawsuits left and right. I did find fake sneakers today, new seller, and the price has increased by 45 kuai: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.251.Tb3afO&id=41868740331&ns=1&abbucket=12#detail

Other sellers charge ridiculous prices for the exact same fakes, anywhere from 250-500 for a pair, and the three sellers I tried all refused to give a discount.

Keymaster

How do we know that fake sneaker vendors haven’t just jacked up the price to real-sneaker levels? I would be highly suspicious of 500 rmb sneakers on Taobao.

Participant

Charlie: That’s exactly what the fake sneaker dealers have, the odd thing is they seem unwilling to reduce their prices back down to “fake level”.

Keymaster

Charlie: That’s exactly what the fake sneaker dealers have, the odd thing is they seem unwilling to reduce their prices back down to “fake level”.

It doesn’t seem that odd – they run the risk of getting banned from Taobao and making a lot less money. Sounds like this could be working in their favor, if people on Taobao are actually okay spending that much on sneakers (which I am dubious of).

Participant

This highlights the problem Taobao will have: it’s gonna be very tough changing people’s perceptions of Taobao as a website of dubious products. Don’t get me wrong, I love Taobao and buy lotsa stuff on it. Anything electrical (or training supplements too) I’m very skeptical about and will look elsewhere…for example something like these
    http://s.taobao.com/search?q=grado&commend=all&ssid=s5-e&search_type=mall&sourceId=tb.index&spm=a215z.7106357.5803581.d4908513
    you would either be crazy or very trusting to buy on Taobao

Keymaster

This highlights the problem Taobao will have: it’s gonna be very tough changing people’s perceptions of Taobao as a website of dubious products. Don’t get me wrong, I love Taobao and buy lotsa stuff on it. Anything electrical (or training supplements too) I’m very skeptical about and will look elsewhere…for example something like these http://s.taobao.com/search?q=grado&commend=all&ssid=s5-e&search_type=mall&sourceId=tb.index&spm=a215z.7106357.5803581.d4908513 you would either be crazy or very trusting to buy on Taobao

I agree, I went to Computer City to get some headphones repaired recently and the guy there was telling me that everything on Taobao is fake. My response was “I understand that there are a lot of fakes, but surely it all be fake” and he just laughed and insisted that you cannot trust any expensive headphones on Taobao to be authentic.

Participant

As long as you are a smart shopper and are cautious, (maybe even talking with the seller…) you can get the legitimate stuff

I have purchased a lot of  expensive music equiptment on taobao and had no problems with it,

the same goes for my noike trainers and sorny TV

Participant

In hehuachi

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.