Filing Taxes from China

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionFiling Taxes from China

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #8440
    Avatar photoJerryS

    Hey guys, just need some info on taxes, does anyone know anything about it? And say when do we have to file it (either with Chinese govt or your respective country)? I am from the US and not sure if i should file it or not with them.

    Also, say i get 9000 RMB per month, what is the tax structure for that? Heres the math i got, hopefully someone can guide me:

    9000-4800 in standards deductions= 4200

    4200: taxable income.

    4200: about 15% tax.

    15% tax= 630

    So I roughly get 8370 a month after taxes.. Is that right?

    RMB (Month) %

    <500 5

    500 – 2,000 10

    2,000 – 5,000 15

    5,000 – 20,000 20

    20,000 – 40,000 25

    40,000 – 60,000 30

    60,000 – 80,000 35

    80,000 – 100,000 40

    100,000 + 45

    Avatar photoRick in China

    I think your brackets are a little off. It may depend on some variable factors, but I think the higher end spectrum is a little different than I think my company finance told me – so I’d be questioning the rest, but I also think it’s published publicly 😀 What I can help with is this:

    China has double-tax policies with many countries, including the US & Canada. You do need to file in your home country, but you won’t pay “double” taxes in you need your tax statements from China to show what you earned overseas in your home country. It also depends how long you’re overseas for and your residency status etc – best to get a tax person back home to help you with the details. But yes, you do need to file 😀 You may even get some tax credits/etc depending on income and status.

    “4800” standard deducations, I think you mean non-taxable income, this come from your company or another source? I think it varies on what city you’re in and some other things, but you should check with your employer and then double-check with a 3rd party or internet source to make sure they’re not lying…either way, it’s in that vicinity.

    Avatar photoZharahk

    This site has info about filing with the US… Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad.

    Basically, you only need to pay the US government taxes on the money that you make over $91,500US (may be more in 2011), so you probably don’t have to pay any US taxes. I think you still need to file every year though.

    That publication is also helping if you have trouble sleeping, since it is boring as hell.

    Avatar photoCharlie
    That publication is also helping if you have trouble sleeping, since it is boring as hell.

    Multi purpose! Thanks for the info though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.