Football (Soccer) in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionFootball (Soccer) in Chengdu

• This topic has 29 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Avatar photoAM.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The Chengdu International Football League (CIFL) was set up 2 years ago to give people the chance to play competitive football in Chengdu.

The start of the new football season is fast approaching and many teams are looking for new players. All ages and ability levels are welcomed.

Please contact chengdufootball at yahoo dot com or visit our website http://www.chengdufootball.com for more information.

Participant

Andy what date is the new season starting?

Participant

It will kick off on Saturday 14th September and run through to mid December.

Participant

I would be really interested in playing – but not played anything but 6-a-side for a long time – how high is the standard?

Participant

Hi Paul,

The standard is mixed. There are some very good players, a lot of mid level players but also some players who are not so good to put it politely. Between the organizers we have a rule that if you want to play then we will find you a place.

If you have been playing only 6 a side then that’s pretty much ideal as it is a 7 a side league. Get in touch and we can sort things out. Between now and the start of the season there are pick up games so new people can come down and give it a go. There is even one this Saturday afternoon.

Participant

hi, how about students team ?

Participant

Hi Dave,

I sent you a private message – not sure if you got it – I would be very interested but wont be in Chengdu until 3/4 weeks later – let me know if anyone wants a player

Participant

hi, how about students team ?

Hi Bicycle

Student teams are fine. I would say about 75% of the players are students or teachers. We have a team that is made up mostly of players from SWUFE and should be adding a team from UESTC this season.

If you have enough to enter a full team (probably a minimum of 10 people but more likely 14) then we would be happy to have you. Likewise if you come up short on players we could include you in an existing team or add other new players to your team to make up the numbers on your team.

I am interested to hear more.

Dave

Participant

hi ,Dave ,it sounds interest . tks .

Participant

Already in double figures for new players contacting us wanting to play. It should be a fun season!

Participant

The CIFL will be hosting an open invite afternoon of football this coming Sunday (1st September) in preparation for the start of the new season.

If you come down we will get you playing. All ages and abilities welcome.

The football will start at 3pm at the Taipingsi playing fields. All new players should meet at the Shamrock Bar at 2.10pm and we will make our way there in taxis.

Please get in touch if you would like to join us.

Participant

really interested, but  i am chinese, i dont know if i can get a shot to join u guys ,pls  let me know asap . TKS~

Participant

Hi Jason, of course you can join if you are Chinese.

There is one completely Chinese team but there are also Chinese guys playing on all the other teams as well. Come down on Sunday and see what it’s all about.

Participant

hey guys ,  are we still going there  this afternoon if it’s raining???

Participant

It’s still on at the moment but we need to wait until 2pm to find out if the pitch is playable or not. Please check again then.

Participant

Game cancelled.

Participant

Finally arrived in Chengdu yesterday…..

Hope to join you guys in the league at some point although painfully unfit at the moment!

Does anyone know where I’ll be able to watch the Liverpool vs Man U game today? Anyone else watching it?

Participant

Go to the Leg & Whistle mate. There will be quite a few people watching that game then Arsenal v Spurs at 11pm.

First day of work tomorrow + brutal hangover means I won’t be there tonight, but I’m sure Dave (he’s posted a few times in this thread) and quite a few players from the CIFL will be there.

Participant

Also, a wee tip for streaming, PPTV (a chinese streaming site) shows most EPL games live. The website is in Chinese but you can identify which teams are playing from their badge.

PPTV live sports schedule

PPTV EPL home page (They’ll have highlights of all the weekends games)

Participant

Ah that’s great, thanks for that! Do you have an address to show the cab driver?

Im currently sitting in the lazy pug enjoying a pint.

Wont be going too mental as I have a medical tomorrow but happy to have a few jars.

If you could PM me Daves number as I don’t have it any longer….

Thanks again!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.