Football (Soccer) in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionFootball (Soccer) in Chengdu

• This topic has 53 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoAM.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is there a Chinese team? Or any team suitable for me?

I wanna join this activity every saturday…..

Participant

There is a Chinese them and other teams also have Chinese players.

Please send me an email – [email protected] – and I’ll put you in touch with the team captain.

Participant

Team UK and Ireland are looking for a goalkeeper to complete the jigsaw.

If you are interested or you know anyone who might be interested then please send an email to [email protected]

Participant

Team UK and Ireland are looking for a goalkeeper to complete the jigsaw.

If you are interested or you know anyone who might be interested then please send an email to [email protected]

Participant

Just a quick update, the season starts in 9 days time.

We have 9 teams ready to go. 1 is still a little short on players so if you want to play please PM me or send an email to [email protected] and I’ll put you in touch with the team captain.

In other news, Los Wankeros won in convincing style today in a friendly match against last years champions Europe.

Participant

The first round was played on Saturday.

You can check out the results / fixtures / league table at

http://www.chengdufootball.com

Participant

The much ballyhooed match between NAS (North American Scum) and Deportiva Wanka (UK) will take place this weekend. If you are interested in watching the veneer of credibility melt off of AM’s online smack talking, come out and see for yourself!

The games location is in the north east (near sm shopping mall and the east music park). It is at HuaXi middle school – 华西中学 – sometimes known as no 13 middle school 十三中.

Here is the full chinese address: 成都市八里小区双建路双建南巷1号.

Here is a google maps link.

Participant

oh shit. what time?

Participant

2:30

Participant

Hi , I interest to play football at Chengdu , but I go living in chengdu from the 12 december.

I love footbal and I played 10 years with a team and I still play regularly.

It’s possible have more information?

Participant

Adrien, I think yer girl Debra might be looking for you

https://www.chengduliving.com/forum/topic/hi-i-need-help-finding-my-friend-in-sichuan

Participant

https://www.chengduliving.com/forum/topic/hi-i-need-help-finding-my-friend-in-sichuan

Participant
    Quote:

Thanks for your help , but I do not know Debra.

Participant
    Quote:
    The much ballyhooed match between NAS (North American Scum) and Deportiva Wanka (UK) will take place this weekend. If you are interested in watching the veneer of credibility melt off of AM’s online smack talking, come out and see for yourself!

The terms of the bet might need to be altered slightly as I’m injured and can’t kick the ball. Are you in agreement?

Participant

you’ve got to be kidding.

Participant

I think it’s fair enough, in fact I think Eli and I discussed it at some point a few weeks ago.

The current bets are:

1. I will score against Eli’s team

2. Deportivo will beat NAS

3. I will score more goals than Eli over the season

4. Eli’s team will concede less than mine

When the bets were made we both thought I’d be fit and playing up front. I can’t kick the ball at the moment, so I’m standing in goals, basically it’s impossible for me to score.

It’s up to Eli, if he wants to stay with the original bets then I’ll pay up, but I think he’ll find it a hollow victory.

anti-climactic

Participant

Just a clarification, the bets are:

1. Andy will score against NAS

2. Deportivo will beat NAS

3. Andy will score more goals than Eli over the season

4. Andy’s team will concede less than NAS over the season

And, no, I am not interested in altering the bets due to your inability to kick the ball. That inability should have factored into your betting decisions – it certainly factored into mine!

Contrary to your assertion, when we made the bets, I did not assume that you would be playing up front- I assumed that you would still be grappling with injury, having the body of a retired stuntman, held together loosely with duct tape and bottle caps.

If you want to avoid losing those two bets, just don’t play, since those bets are contingent on both of us playing. Paying up for the other two bets, is probably unavoidable however.

Keymaster

Isn’t there some kind of steroid that you can take? Your internet forum pride is at stake.

Participant
    Quote:
    If you want to avoid losing those two bets, just don’t play, since those bets are contingent on both of us playing. Paying up for the other two bets, is probably unavoidable however.

Nah, I’ll play and take the 100 rmb hit. You’ll win bet 1 and 3 by default. Bet 2 & 4 are team bets and I’m still confident in my teams ability to win both.

Quote:
    Isn’t there some kind of steroid that you can take?

Unfortunately not. Last year I tore my thigh muscle and was out for 6 months. I strained the same muscle early August and still can’t run or kick a ball without pain. I didn’t expect to be out this long. It’s not worth aggravating it over a 400 rmb bet.

Quote:
    Your internet forum pride is at stake.

haha, might need to change my forum name after all.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.