Football (Soccer) in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionFootball (Soccer) in Chengdu

• This topic has 53 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoAM.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone know what the score was? Where do we stand on veneers of credibility and internet forum pride?

Participant

To my great chagrin I must report a victory for Deportiva Wanka 2-1, over my North American Scum.

They played smart, and beat us fairly, despite the absence of their two top players. I had several chances to score – including a golden opportunity in the closing seconds of the game – and could not find the goal.

Andy played well in goal for his team, but did not score himself, so he and I each won one bet, and neither of us walked away any richer.

The two remaining bets are still up in the air, with Wanka having conceded one less goal than NAS so far, and me having scored two more goals than Andy so far.

Participant

Football was the real winner.

Participant

That’s magnanimous of you to say.

Go ahead and jab in the spear while the belly is exposed.

I was charging towards the goal in the closing seconds of the match, while you, having just made a save, were lying on the ground. All I need to do was put the ball on frame, and I knocked it over.

It was a pretty good game of football though. Look forward to see your team match up against Europe or France… a lot of parity at the top of the table this season.

Participant
    Quote:
    It was a pretty good game of football though. Look forward to see your team match up against Europe or France… a lot of parity at the top of the table this season.

Yeah, it was a good game. A draw would’ve been a fair result to be honest

I’m really happy with the way the league is shaping up this season. The top 5 teams look evenly matched and when they play each other the result could go either way.

1st play 2nd in the late game this week. I’m looking forward to drinking beer and hurling insults from the side of the pitch.

Participant

Just read through the thread and I’m glad to hear of Deportiva Wanka’s fine victory. Sounds like it will be a more competitive and balanced season.

Keep the news coming

-Sum Wanka’

Participant

An update on the bet:

Eli total goals = 4

Andy total goals = 3

NAS (Eli) conceeded = 14

Deportivo (Andy) conceeded = 8

Deportivo have 4 games left and NAS have 3 still to play. League table and more info at http://www.chengdufootball.com

Participant

And in full-field soccer news, the Wanderers started our game with only 9 players last Sunday afternoon. I texted Andy to see if he could help us out in a pinch, but he texted back, ‘Getting out of bed is not an option.’We won 4-0 anyhow.

Participant

Last week of games on Saturday

Eli total goals = 4

Andy total goals = 4

NAS (Eli) conceeded = 14

Deportivo (Andy) conceeded = 12

Going down to the wire…

Chengdu Football Website

Participant

It has been a good season. Good luck this weekend.

Participant

Luck was indeed on my side.

Eli total goals = 4

Andy total goals = 5

NAS (Eli) conceeded = 16

Deportivo (Andy) conceeded = 14

The season finished with BaoZiLona taking the title. Deportivo were 1 point behind in 2nd and NAS were another point behind in 3rd.

It has been the strongest and most competitive season yet. Thanks to everybody that took part (over 120 people from 30 different nations). Hope to see you all again in March!

Participant

Im sorry to say it… I owe you 200 RMB Andy!

Congratulations on your team’s 2nd place finish!

And congratulations to Baozilona on winning the league!

Participant

It was a good season indeed, but I still say Team America’s inaugural season title in a 10 team league was the most impressive!

Congrats to Baozilona and to Andy Mac, but too bad there wasn’t a championship to go with the title 😉

Participant

How many goals did Terry let in?

Participant
    Quote:
    How many goals did Terry let in?

40…but he played well. Please don’t ever tell him that or we’ll never hear the end of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.