Free Parking Downtown?

HomeForumsIn ChengduFree Parking Downtown?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone know a good spot to park for free on the streets around the Kehua Beilu/Sichuan Uni area? Just moved places and my new community’s tiny underground car park is full already.

Also, since we are at it: Is it actually illegal to park anywhere but the designated for pay spots? Cause I’ve gotten tickets even when there weren’t any signs. Still haven’t figured this out.

You might have to look outside 3rd ring road for free parking. There are also no no-parking signs. The city obviously didn’t plan this out very well.

Participant

Not much chance of finding a spot. I used to park next to the poly centre. There is a big car wash place with four storey parking. Also usually if there is a white line you have to pay. We recently sold our car because it actually works out cheaper to use DD taxi and Uber.

Another option is to find a foreign teacher at the university. We can get a free parking pass, but I got my father in laws car on my card. I will ask the others teachers for you.

Participant

@ Ian

If you could help me get a pass somehow that would be awesome! Actually already asked a friend’s friend and they said yes but haven’t heard back from them. Don’t know anyone else there.

And yeah, I totally agree that driving doesn’t make much sense in CD but I have to keep the car for reasons.

Participant

I parked once in the parking lot under the Grandma’s kitchen area on Kehua Beilu and don’t remember paying for it. Try?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.