Free Pool Party, Sat 31st: 4 bands, 6 DJs

HomeForumsIn ChengduFree Pool Party, Sat 31st: 4 bands, 6 DJs

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free pool party next Saturday (8/31) out at san sheng xiang, 2pm – 2am. We have 4 bands & 6 djs lined up, bbq & other food, a full bar and a great location.

The venue is called xiwo, some of you may know it from the “Go Outside” party. Here is a map (we’re planning to get a clearer one made up this week.

Keymaster

This is gonna be tons of fun. I’m glad there’s going to be a proper pool party at this location before the summer’s over! The last two events that I’ve played at here have been pretty good but I expect this to be the best one.

Participant

Yeahh im’n in normaly 😉

Participant

This is gonna be tons of fun. I’m glad there’s going to be a proper pool party at this location before the summer’s over! The last two events that I’ve played at here have been pretty good but I expect this to be the best one.

It’s shaping up quite nicely!

Participant

Any update on the clearer map? Should be a nice change of scenery.

Participant

Was there for the Go Outside party. Awesome venue.

Keymaster

Any update on the clearer map? Should be a nice change of scenery.

Here’s a high resolution copy of the map: Xiwo Map

Easiest way to get there is turn right when you’re in front of the main flowertown entrance. Keep right at the fork and you’ll see it on the left as soon as you cross the bridge.

Don’t bring your kids.
    Dance, but don’t slip on the wet deck.
    Keep an eye out for frisbees flying at your face.

Keymaster

Don’t bring your kids. Dance, but don’t slip on the wet deck. Keep an eye out for frisbees flying at your face.

Pool party pro-tips right here. Also to the promoters: I assume you won’t do this, but don’t throw blocks of ice into the pool when the water’s already cold. No idea why anyone would do this to begin with, but I’ve seen it happen at Xiwo twice. Make sure they actually put alcohol in your mojito, I ordered one there once and they forgot the alcohol part.

Otherwise a great venue, this will be fun. I’ll bring my frisbees!

Participant

why all the funny party r in flower town…. so far….  T-T

Participant

@Charlie: ha ha when the ice hit the pool the shit hit the fan. But seriously, it was a good time, the frisbee was flying (sometimes over the fence) and it is a fantastic venue (if you can find it!)….

@Emily
    : cos flowers are fun

Participant

more info about the party here

Participant

Wish I could go, but I’m stuck on a beach in Thailand

Participant

Some detailed directions with pictures

1. Approaching from the city turn right off the main road onto Huabo Road. (Huabo Rd is directly opposite the main flower town entrance – pictured below).

2. Follow the road. Do not turn at the crossroads, continue straight towards dong li ju yuan (pictured below)

3. 100M after the crossroads turn right

4. Follow the road until you hear the music. The entrance to the venue is on your left directly after you cross a small bridge.

PS – On the map posted here, the entrance to Huabo Lu is marked by the set of traffic lights on the right hand side of the map.

Participant

Looking forward to this!!!

Keymaster

Autumn in Chengdu seemed to begin on the day of this pool party, and that was a real shame (my first day wearing pants this summer/fall). Even with that though, people were swimming at this event and it was a good time.

I didn’t see The Trouble (did they play?) or Nichifanlemei (I had a bottle with his name on it), but I gotta say, The Gramaphonetics killed it. If that was really their last show, they went out in style. Ironic and hilarious lyrics, great stage presence, matching pants, and a pool jump at the end. Amazing. I am sad to see this band break up.

Some photos from the night:

Participant

T-T i should go!!!! omg…looks so fun! they have band there?!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.