Free VPN Accounts for Forum Members

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionFree VPN Accounts for Forum Members

• This topic has 75 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Avatar photohank.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I’ve been working on setting up my own VPN recently, with the help of a very knowledgeable forum member (thanks dude!), and as a way of testing the service, I am offering free 3-month VPN accounts exclusively for forum members.

For now I will restrict this to a handful of accounts, and I ask that you have at least 50 posts on your forum account to be eligible. I also ask that you inform me of any problems or issues that you encounter while using the service, to help me troubleshoot for problems (things like connection problems, speed issues, etc). I’ve only been testing this with a few people recently, but it has been working fantastically so far.

If you’re interested, please send me a PM here on the forum and I will create your account. These are PPTP VPN accounts with a server based in California.

Participant

I can test one for you. Let me know the details!

Participant

I would love to test one too Charlie!

I’ll give it shot. Can never have too many VPNs

Keymaster

Okay, accounts setup for: Vincent, Cress, Lino, Brendan, and Chris. Sent you all the info via PM.

Participant

Yo pass vpn over plz

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yo pass vpn over plz

Account info sent

Participant

Hey, I’m here too! 😉

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hey, I’m here too! 😉

Account created, info sent

Keymaster

For Windows users: right click the connection that you created and click properties. Then select the security tab and set “Type of VPN” to “Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)”, then under “Allow these protocols” make sure that only “Microsoft CHAP Version 2 (MS-CHAP v2)” is selected.

For Mac users: just select PPTP and make sure that “Send all traffic over VPN” is selected under Advanced.

Participant

Thank you, fantastic now we have the ChengduLiving VPN!

Maybe we can make a dialer for a “friendly use”?

GUIDE

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Maybe we can make a dialer for a “friendly use”?

That would be very time consuming for me to make, but what I will do is create a quick guide on how to set it up on Mac, Windows, and iOS (iPhone and iPad). I think that’ll solve 95% of the problems people have with connecting.

If anyone is having any problems connecting, post about that here in this thread so I can respond with a solution that might help anyone else experiencing the same issue.

Participant

Yes, you’are right, find a guide it’s really more simple and fast… I just tried the vpn, I can’t do a speedtest but I’ll try another time tomorrow…

Participant

Would like to also request a trial.

Cheers

Participant

I’d like to give it a try as well

Keymaster

I created accounts for Bertalan and Ty, sent you both account info via PM.

One additional note for everyone: please don’t use an excessive amount of bandwidth with these VPN accounts. For example, please don’t download large files via Bittorrent while connected to them. I can see how much bandwidth each account is using and if you use an excessive amount, I will have to remove your account.

Participant

Let me know if you have any trials left, even though I’m 20 posts short. Guess I gotta start making some comments haha.

Participant

I would be interested to test one.

Participant

Today better… surfing and youtube buffering ok…

Participant

I have been using http://www.hideipvpn.com/premium_vpn/ whenever I am in China, with good results. Its a paid service, though.

Hope that helps!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 76 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.