F(re)ecycle, Chengdu edition

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionF(re)ecycle, Chengdu edition

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there,

It has come to my attention that many forumites here have things at home that they dont need and would love to get rid off them. Im certain that these items would find a new home fast, if word got out to others. May this space facilitate that.

So, If you have things on offer, list them up here.

And if you are in need of something, list it up as well.

I, myself, just moved to Chengdu and I am in need of a hoover and a drying rack. All sorts of cooking appliances are also welcome, as are spices for cooking 🙂

Keymaster

Good idea, here’s what I can offer:

– Books and workbooks for learning Chinese, I have about 10 that I no longer need

– An old cell phone, a Motorola E398. You’ll have to get a charger for it, but it works

– Lonely Planet guides to China and Cambodia + “Rough Guide to China”

Participant

Hi, I’m interested in knowing which books you have for learning Chinese. Please let me know and when I can meet with you and where.

Thanks jenise

Participant

Hi Charlie,

I would really appreciate the Lonely Planet guides to China and Cambodia 🙂

Ill PM you!

Participant

I have been looking for an iron and iron board and some basic gym equipment (dumbells, barbell, bench).

I’ve been here 3 weeks only so all I have to offer for now is my gratitude 🙂

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hi, I’m interested in knowing which books you have for learning Chinese. Please let me know and when I can meet with you and where.

Send me a PM and I’ll give you my number and you can pick them up. I live in Yulin.

Quote:
    I have been looking for an iron and iron board and some basic gym equipment (dumbells, barbell, bench).

I have a bench, barbell, and dumbbells that I can get rid of. They’re not that old so I don’t think I can give them away for free but I will sell them for really cheap. Send me a PM if you’re interested.

Participant

if you are looking for spices, my wife always goes to Metro, she finds lots of foreign goods there and it is not as expensive as sabrina’s.

Participant

Hi, I just moved here a month ago. I’m looking to furnish my apartment but not sure if I will move to another place soon so I don’t want to spend a lot on stuff I might not need later on.

If anyone has any of the following for free or cheap, I might be able to take it off your hands:

– full-length standing mirror

– blender

– small electric heater

– kitchen rubbish bin

– adjustable desk chair

Cheers!

Participant

Thanks again Charlie for the chinese books, its a good start. Hopefully I will become as proficient as you.

Participant

Does anyone know of any Chinese-language classifieds where punters buy and sell secondhand goods in Chengdu?

Keymaster

If there’s a tall guy in Chengdu who wants dress shirts, I have about 10 to give away. Some of them are brands like Gant, A/X, and Liz Claiborne. I’m 6’4″ so you better be tall though! If someone contacts me within 24 hours they will get them, otherwise I’m just going to give them away. They’re already packed up and ready to go.

Quote:
    Thanks again Charlie for the chinese books, its a good start. Hopefully I will become as proficient as you.

No problem, glad to help!

Participant

Hi there:

I have a vacuum cleaner (hoover) that I can get rid of. Works great, but I have to find the hose for it. I’ll barter for something (big bag of coffee? couple loaves of bread and a fish? ) PM me

I also have a lot of baby clothes, books for learning Chinese, and other random stuff that I will go through and post.

I do not know of a second hand swap meet site in Chengdu – Chinese aren’t that down with second hand stuff, unless it’s baby clothes or cars, but maybe there is a site out there.

Participant
    Quote:
    I do not know of a second hand swap meet site in Chengdu – Chinese aren’t that down with second hand stuff, unless it’s baby clothes or cars, but maybe there is a site out there.

Thanks for replying, Sascha. I thought it might be a long shot…

Keymaster
    Quote:

There is actually Craigslist Chengdu but it is completely dead. I bought a second-hand camera lens off Taobao once but otherwise there don’t seem to be many online platforms for the exchange of second hand things.

I have:

drip coffee machine with reusable filter

hot water kettle

single (twin?) sized mattress topper with bed sheets

I want:

a big rug

Participant
    Quote:
    there don’t seem to be many online platforms for the exchange of second hand things.

Thanks for the reply, Charlie.

Participant

Chris:

I have a throw rug that’s still pretty good, from Ikea. I’ll trade you for the coffee machine and the hot water kettle. I can throw in the vacuum cleaner if you come with a lil sumpin sumpin

PM’d!

Participant

This is a super long shot, but I also need a spacebar key for a white 13-inch MacBook. Has to be from a machine with a Japanese or possibly Korean keyboard layout though, as the spacebar key is a bit shorter (65 mm) than on the US/Chinese MacBooks.

Anyone have an old Japanese MacBook lying around busted? Will pay a good price! And will also consider a black key!

Cheers.

Participant

Oh, and I guess I should say I have an unneeded US/Chinese MacBook spacebar lying about that I bought before I realized that they were different sizes… Be happy to pass it along to someone in need.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.