Game Night, Wednesdays @ Machu Picchu

HomeForumsIn ChengduGame Night, Wednesdays @ Machu Picchu

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

update: scroll down to the latest post in this thread to see updated info about the current event, or check ChengduGaming.com for updated info on which event/games are next.

Tonight we are hanging out at Machu Picchu and playing some indie games on the 100″ projector there. Anyone is welcome to join us. If you haven’t been to Machu Picchu before, it is an excellent place to hang out and a Yulin landmark.

The games we are playing tonight are Broforce, a Contra-style side-scrolling action game and Nidhogg, an intense 2-player fencing game. Both are modern games created in a retro pixel art style with gameplay that harkens back to the 8 and 16-bit eras of gaming.

Here are some Youtube clips to give you an idea of what these games are about:

Broforce

Nidhogg

Participant

Looks very cool. Shame I can’t make it b/c of work…

Keymaster

Looks very cool. Shame I can’t make it b/c of work…

We’ll be doing this every Wednesday for a while. Check us out next week if you aren’t working then.

Participant

I would love to see Bioforce in action, as well as any other games featuring old-school play mechanics.

Keymaster

I forgot to post here about this last week. Whoops. It turned out to be a lot of fun, though. Join us this week (the day after tomorrow) for Towerfall, Starwhal, and Geometry Wars 3. Here’s the flyer:

If you don’t know where Machu Picchu is, here’s the information.

Keymaster

This week we’re playing Gang Beasts, Sportsfriends, and Super Mega Baseball at Machu Picchu. Tomorrow night from 9pm-midnight. We may play some Towerfall if there’s time, as well. Here’s the flyer:

Here’s info on the location if you haven’t been: Machu Picchu in Chengdu

You probably haven’t heard of Gang Beasts, because it’s technically not released yet. So we’re playing the pre-release version! It is hilarious and a lot of fun. Here’s a Youtube clip to show you what it’s like:

Participant

maybe it is off topic but i would like to remind the gamers and others  that before our game night we play an alternative (“underground”) chinese movie. we have been doing it for more than 2 months now and the people who came really enjoy it! besides being great movies , you can actually get a good insight on what topics chinese people deal with in daily life. today wednesday 7.30 we will show KEKEXILI mountain patrol.. a group of volunteers (not really volunteers, they just did not get paid for a long while) are hunting for outlawed poachers of the tibetan antelope. expect from this true story a lot of tibetan nature shots and learn something about what local people there have to deal with

besides the movie i would also like to say: game night means qingdao 10 kuai (til 11pm)

Participant

last night was beyond awesome, 7 player gangbeasts was insane and id love to see it make a rturn on a ‘best of’ night or something

Keymaster

This Wednesday at Machu Picchu, 9pm-midnight:

Info on these games is available on our website.

Just an amendment to the poster: Lethal League is 4 player and it’s AMAZING. It’s gonna be absolutely raucous tonight.

Participant

Any word on whether a Chinese film will play beforehand this week?

I’m not sure Natasha. I know Hise (the owner of the bar and organizer of the movie night) won’t be around tonight, but as far as I know it hasn’t been cancelled. I’ll post if I hear anything, but regardless you should stick around till later for game night!

Keymaster

Last night was a blast. All three games were fun, surprisingly a few people picked up Screen Cheat really fast. That game hurts my brain. Speedrunners and Lethal League were both much easier and a lot of fun. There was a lot of yelling.

For anyone interested in joining our WeChat group, here’s a QR code you can scan with your phone:

Keymaster

Next Wednesday:

Participant

wasnt a fan of mount your friends, it needed to be 4players simultaniously really, as it was kinda boring for ‘watchers’

thief town was a good laugh,

looking forward to whatever is chosen for next week!

Keymaster

Tomorrow at Machu Picchu!

Participant

Pacman! F**k yeah!

It will be my last game night tomorrow ~ Don’t worry, I won’t be hogging the controllers 😀

Keymaster

Tomorrow night:

Keymaster

Tonight at Machu Picchu:

Keymaster

Tonight at Machu Picchu:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.