German Fellow Wants to Settle Down

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGerman Fellow Wants to Settle Down

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Dear community of Chengdu,

After 6 month of traveling I wish to settle down at my favorite place, Chengdu and learn Mandarin.

After making my thoughts, now the idea becomes concrete and in August I plan to check in via Hong Kong with a tourist visa and then get another, longer valid visa on site.

I would like to get any job, don’t care which one, doesn’t have to be necessarily teaching.

You think it’s possible easily to look for a job and get a working visa done in one month?

The alternative would be to get a student visa for 6 month I guess. But I heard it’s not possible to work then.

And I will look for a shared flat. Anybody interested in having a flatmate?

I am a nurse, 25 years old, thoughtful, spontaneous and reliable. Lived in shared flats for 5 years in Germany.

I hope to find some help and advice from people, who may had the same dreams like me and now successfully live in this city.

Thanks you, Rasmus

Keymaster

Hello! I don’t think you’ll have a difficult time overcoming these obstacles. Although now it is a little more difficult for teachers from non Native-english speaking countries to do English teaching (this is what I’ve heard). There are other jobs available in Chengdu, depending on what your experience and skills are. And the cost of living in Chengdu is still pretty cheap if you are frugal, so you should have some leeway in making your arrangements.

Keymaster

About the shared flat:

You may wanna check this ad I posted a while ago: https://www.chengduliving.com/forums/topic/900rmbmonth-room-for-rent-in-tongzilin/

Participant

I am a nurse

Why don’t you contact hospitals here? They’re probably desperate for foreign employees, I know there are several Indian doctors working here in surgery and such.. I’d be shocked if they wouldn’t eagerly accommodate a foreign nurse, especially a german one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.