Getting a Husky in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGetting a Husky in Chengdu

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Getting a puppy husky to kill bored working life, 2 mth old. very cute but naughty to be educated. Could share some experince with puppies?

It depends on how much you like animals. It is like taking care of a child. Require lots of care and attention. I prefer getting an older dog. You have to train the puppy to take care of business outside. You have to worry about it ripping up couch cushions and destroying your stuff. They are indeed cute. I would invest in a kennel if you do not already have one. You can’t leave a puppy at home alone unsecured. Also do not forget about grooming depending on the kind of puppy you have.

Participant

thx ur idea, ur thinking was 90% similar to what i thought, especially, older dog to care when people was not at home, coz i persuade alot to parents to get this puppy, it is impossible to get the older one with acceptance… hehehe… “ripping up couch cushions and destroying your stuff” is true, sometimes make me a little annoy, but of course love it better than hate. kennel? how about put it into a cage daily in a certain time?

I’m assuming you don’t live in the countryside. I think having a Husky in an apartment in the city is cruel. They are built for outdoor life and need lots of exercise.

Please consider a much smaller dog. It will be better for the both of you.

Participant

Makes sense.

Keymaster

Ben, imagine the face you will be rewarded with when walking your monstrously large snow-white dog on the street in Chengdu, though. All that glorious attention and sweet, sweet admiration that gigantic dog will bring you.

Participant

It’s not just cruel to have a Husky in a small apartment – it’s cruel to keep one in *Chengdu*.. the weather/humidity is totally not suited for their uberthick winter coats, if you get one suggest keeping at least one room well A/C’d so they can cool off.

It’s also a bad idea if you don’t like dog hair. Husky’s shed, a LOT.

That being said, Charlie is right: Husky’s are second to only a mixed baby in terms of accessories to meet women on the street.

My uncle had a husky and was given away because it sheds a lot and developed a skin disease because of the wet weather in CHengdu.

Participant

Huskies shouldn’t not be kept in this climate its cruel. And they need a lawn to play on, not just brief walks on the street. How long are you going to stay here? Only get a dog if you are going to be a faithful master for its whole life. BTW good luck taking it home on an airplane.

Participant

sorry for bumping this thread but don’t want to start a new one,

if you buy a dog in Chengdu, how hard is it to take it to Europe?

Someone told me it’s a 6month process of getting the dog vaccins and stuff (I don’t remember exactly what he said) and the ticket would be more expensive than my own, but if it’s a really small dog (like a jack russel terrier) you can take it with you on the plane in a little cage? That sounds weird and optimistic to me…

I have no idea of cost, but there would definitely be a quarantine period. Check the link below for information. It’s for ‘defra’, a UK agency, but the rules apply to EU countries also.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/

Participant

morning all,so anyone wanna check in my puppy? im living in a new property: #1 Guangming Rd, where quite close to Shangri-La. actually, im n Chinese, doesnt think of transfering my dog oversea in future…hehe…. but wanna make some friends here in name of pet

cheers!

Participant

@Vincent

It depends on the country you’re moving to, they all have different rules and regulations. You will probably need (at least) health certificates, import licences and quarantine papers.. I know that I looked at moving to Singapore and the process/cost involved in bringing my cats there – and it’s not a HUGE hassle to deal with the paperwork and vaccinations / quarantine, but the cost is high.. you’d need to check with the country in Europe you’re going to, it seems most governments have websites that cover the process and costs exclusively.

For reference, the cost for Singapore (not flight, I’m talkin fees for getting my kitties in) was about 22k RMB each..there are also agencies that do the legwork for you.

The cost for in-cabin pets is pretty small, and the pet has to remain in a cage under a seat at all times by law.. this might vary country to country and on international flights, you should really check with the airlines you plan to use to verify. If it’s too big for the cabin you can send it as either excess baggage or cargo. Airlines can confirm the details for you tho, better contact them, and you definitely need import certs before you’re allowed to put ’em on the plane and may need to pay customs tax if it’s a high valued animal on the other side.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.