8 Hour Layover in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn Chengdu8 Hour Layover in Chengdu?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Guys!

I’m from germany and will be in chengdu end of december.

I have a 8 hour layover in the town, and i’m thinking about visiting the city.

How hard is it to get into the city from the airport? Are there trains, busses or something else to get into the city? How long will it take?

Do you think it’s enough time to see just a bit of the city, or would you suggest to stay at the airport?

Greetings from Germany,

tsvale

Participant

8 hours is plenty of time to go do something. Just get in a taxi brother…maybe 40 or 50 minutes to downtown depending on traffic.

Participant

First you can take airport shuttle bus to downtown for an hour which cost about RMB15, then switch city buses to where you want to visit. I must say it takes time, you’d better take taxi after you get into downtown.

There are a lot of nice places you must visit in Chengdu like Panda base or Leshan Grand Buddha. But since you have limit time here you can choose Kuanzhai ancient street of Qing Dynasty, Jinli pedestrian street or Opera and tea house in the city, for you will know how do native live here.

I am not sure what you are interested in  and when you fly to here, I suggest that you could find a local guide who will offer vehicle, suitable tourist route, and language support, of course, you have to pay for that.

Keymaster

I agree with the other two posters, 8 hours is enough time to explore the city a little bit. I would take a taxi though, as it will be faster and take you to exactly the destination that you could like to see.

Participant

Thanks for your help! Really looking forward to see the city! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.