Getting Blood Work in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduGetting Blood Work in Chengdu?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

does anyone know of a good place to get bloodwork done in Chengdu? Cheaper is better since it’s nothing crucial, just curious to see how certain hormones will be affected by experimenting with diet and supplements.

Any advice is welcome as I don’t have any clue whatsoever outside of the random hospitals around. What price range would I be looking at? Anyone have any experience with this at all?

Keymaster

If possible I would get this done overseas. I get blood work done through my annual health check which is sponsored by my employer. They take blood, urine and then do a physical and send you a packet of information with the results (all in Chinese, of course). The quantity of tests and amount of information you get depends on how much you pay, but I think it’s in the neighborhood of 800 rmb for the test which I took. The place that I’ve gone is in the South near the Expo Center (next to the Software Park), but I think there are many others in the city also. I will try to get a phone number or URL for the place for you.

Participant

Thanks Charlie, helpful start. I’m hoping to bump into a place (lab/hospital) where you can just tick off the boxes of the stuff you’d like to get checked – and then pay a certain fee per item. Because 800RMB several times a year sounds like a whole lot for the handful of things I’d like to monitor.

Participant

I have just been informed that it costs from 30 rmb for each sample that they test at Huaxi Hospital. So a test for glucose would cost about 30 rmb and an additional test for say cholesterol would cost a further 30 rmb. But prices vary according to the test and some could be as much as 100 rmb.

At the Huaxi it pays to have an interpreter to navigate through the crowds and the procedures. Your best bet may be to locate a local clinic where it is typically more civilised. Prices and turn-round (24 hrs) are probably about the same. You would almost certainly be required to eat and drink nothing between waking up and getting the blood test. It is best to pay for the test(s) a day or more before your test if Huaxi hospital and to arrive by about 8.30 am to join one of the many queues. Don’t forget to take the stick backed label AND the receipt. With a local clinic you should be able to have a bood test within 5 minutes of having paid and don’t need to get up at the crack of dawn although by 10.00 am is probably wise.

Keymaster

I have just been informed that it costs from 30 rmb for each sample that they test at Huaxi Hospital. So a test for glucose would cost about 30 rmb and an additional test for say cholesterol would cost a further 30 rmb.

Where is this info from? That is crazy cheap. I would love to learn more and try this myself.

Participant

Awesome Merior! Exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Thanks.

Participant

@ Charlie – my wife supplied the information – she routinely uses Huaxi hospital for annual check-ups including a spectrum of blood tests, ultra sound and urine tests. Ad-hoc X-rays and C-T scans have also been commissioned there. She has been known to use our local clinic as well, which I prefer as it is more modern, smaller and not overcrowded, but like most people from Sichuan (and she is a doctor) she places great faith in the professionalism of Huaxi and the clinic’s services are understandably limited. If you need to know more then let me know and I’ll pm a phone number. She can speak English but your Chinese would probably speed up the understanding.

Participant

BTW,  the cholesterol test is actually only 22 rmb – the extra 8 rmb was my commission. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.