Golfing in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGolfing in Chengdu

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoAKK.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi people,

I know this topic has a thread already, however it seems to be dead thread now.

I am just wondering if there is any coaches in Chengdu that will give golf lessons. I went to New Territory Driving Range, its kinda costy there.

Would there be any other recommendations from the seniors here?

Participant

I don’t give lessons, nowhere near good enough – but can hit up the driving range with you if you want. The one near Victoria Gardens, the millennium hotel ish near southwest airport expressway.. send me a message. If others interested maybe we can make an event of it.

Participant

Sure RIck,

I realised that I can’t swing anymore and would like to get some coaching properly thou.

It does seem that there are coaches in Chengdu, but the packages are not attractive at New Territory, so I checking around.

Cheerios

Participant

If you want coached by a foreigner you’re looking at 600 rmb an hour.

Last summer I was back in Scotland and spent a fair bit of time on the course. I was playing to an 18 handicap but it was the first time hitting a ball in 2 years. I haven’t played regularly for 9 years now. I reckon with a year of solid practice I could get down to about 12/10. I brought a set of clubs back with me but have only used them twice.

My Missus had a great idea that I could become a golf teacher in chengdu. I was trying to explain that I’m nowhere near the standard to teach but apparently that doesn’t matter. The couple of times I’ve been to the range here I’ve seen some wacky sh!t. Full of rich people with all the best gear but they can’t even grip the club properly.

The only time I’ve heard a chinese golf instructor giving advice he told my sister-in-law to stop the club at the top of her backswing and take a look at the head of the club before following through. Aye, that’s really going to stop you fresh airing it!

Participant

AM: Exactly right. White guy with basic golf skills and the ability to point out basics is enough to get some part-time teaching gigs with “introductory” headlining on the side…..actually, hmm. 😀

Participant

in this case, all i need to regain my posture and swing on my own. why would i wanna pay 600rmb for “coaches” with only basic skills??

Participant

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality at my driving range “Swan Lake”. The range is always busy and the level of the players is high. Got good swings and they look the part. Feel like I need to raise my game after seeing it. The coaches see pretty decent too, been eavesdropping on what they are say. Think lessons run about 500-600 so not cheap.

Cost at the range is 90rmb = 90 balls.

Participant

Hi Andy,

That’s what I felt as well. The courses at New Territory is running from less experienced coach ($3000/10hrs) to very experienced coach (6000/10hrs). non-member swinging at the range will buy ballas at 1buck per ball (box of 30). Lessons do not includes ballas.

that’s why I wanna check around for decent coaching.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.