"Green Drinks" Organic Food Discussion Tonight

HomeForumsGeneral Discussion"Green Drinks" Organic Food Discussion Tonight

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Green Drinks @ The Bookworm

7.00pm – 9.00pm, Monday 12th December.

Free entrance, drinks discounts

Green Drinks is back! Our speaker this month is Nicolas Laurent who will talk about organic food and community supported agriculture in Chengdu and China. What are the common organic certification systems and standards in use in China? Can they be trusted? Where can you buy organic food? Nicolas will also be joined in a discussion with representatives from organic farms in Chengdu on the state of organic food in the city.

What’s Green Drinks? Every month people who work in or are interested in the environmental field meet up at informal sessions known as Green Drinks. We have a lively mixture of people from NGOs, academia, government and business. Come along and you’ll be made welcome. And as usual, entrance is free and we’ll enjoy a 20% discount on any colour drinks from the Bookworm too. Supported by the Sustainable Chengdu Working Group.

Participant

I wish I could join the discussion tonight, but i am not in Chengdu. BTW, how often is the discussion in Bookworm?

Participant

We try to hold it once a month however there was a hiatus in November. Cya next time.

Participant

Any interest from folks actually in Chengdu? I know you are out there.

i’ll swing through after my nap

Hi

I’m the speaker of the last Green Drinks about organic farming.

I’m gathering informations about organic food in Chengdu on http://www.cdlohas.org

If you have any others related informations, please let me know.

Thanks

Nicolas

Participant

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks again for putting on a great event and more importantly bringing Chinese farmers to the event. Fran and I are in charge of planning Green Drinks although work obligations prevented me from playing a larger role in the last event.

Just had the opportunity to log on your website. Fran told me that she wasn’t able to access it last week. I just want to chime in and say that the prompt for a password and user name isn’t the most inviting homepage. You have some good re-posted env. blog articles and they should be closer to the top. I didn’t know that there were actually articles on the page until I accidentally hit the scroll wheel. Maybe an “about” page would be best for the header.

I’m managing an email listserv for a subset “Organic” group and I have some Chinese friends who have been texting me for information, I’ll pass on your website but I think it needs a little work to make it more user friendly. I know its new and you must have put in a lot of work on it but the beauty of the web is that you can constantly evolve your online presence.

Also the sidebar or button that follows you down the page is really distracting.

I had some time to kill at the office so I just wanted to chime in. Hope you see it as constructive commentary.

Cheers,

Elias

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.