Selling Green Tea from Sichuan Highlands

HomeForumsClassifiedsMarketplaceSelling Green Tea from Sichuan Highlands

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

Is anyone interested in green tea? My hometown is surrounded by moutains, a 3 hour drive from Chengdu. The place is very suitable for tea tree growing due to high altitude, adequate rainfall and cloudy weather (it is really cool and comfortable in summer, there are hostels in the town. During summer seasons, lots of people from Chengdu or other cities come to stay for a few days). The green tea produced here is all natural without use of pesticides or chemical fertilisers.

Usually, peasants pick the tea leaves and make the green tea by themselves or some of them make the green tea with equipment. This green tea should be very healthy, compared with those with excessive pesticide residues in some other green teas.

The grade is classified in terms of leave quality and process methods. The most popular one in the town is about 80 yuan/ 500 gram, and the expensive one is 300 yuan/ 500 gram.

If anyone is interested, please contact me. What you can be assured is that the tea you will be drinking is absolutely pollution free and natural. I can be reached by phone 18980176156 or email wanghaoyr@hotmail.

Keymaster

I’m interested but would like to know more.

Where is your hometown? Is it Mending Shan? What kind of green tea is this, does it have a name?

Participant

Hi Charlie,

Nice to have your reply. My hometown is not Mengding Shan, the town is located deep in the mountains, we have about 2.5 hours drive to Mengding Shan. Mengding Shan is famous for tea production as well as rich tea culture.

Mengding Shan belongs to Yaan City , and my hometown also belongs to Yaan. The green tea has no name as it is not really commercial development. These tea trees are natually dispersed in the mountains. Every Spring, peasants just go to pick it and process it for themselves, extra tea is sold in markets in the town. So the tea quality is very good, but the color or process is not as good as those manufactured with modern techniques. The point to have this tea is it is produced from no polluted highland, and processed withour addtional substances 🙂

I am in Chengdu, and if you like, I can show you a sample 🙂

Hao

Participant

One more thing, you guys are welcome to visit my hometown, particularly in the summer. The name of the town is Dachuan.

Hello Hao,

I’d be very interested in this also.  What quantities do you have to sell?  Is it just the two different grades of tea, or are there more you have for sale.

Now that the weather is starting to heat up, I much prefer to drinking tea than my usual black coffee.  It helps me handle the humidity a lot better.

Keymaster

I am in Chengdu, and if you like, I can show you a sample :) Hao

I’m interested, I will buy 500 grams to try it out. I live in Yulin. I’ll send you a PM to figure out the details.

Now that the weather is starting to heat up, I much prefer to drinking tea than my usual black coffee. It helps me handle the humidity a lot better.

I hear you. I’ve gone back to drinking green tea everyday and coffee on weekends. For some reason I tend to switch my daily routine between the two a few times a year. I’m waiting on Kaffe Stugan to start offering their coffee ground subscription service also, I would like some new beans.

Participant

Hi, Brendan:

It is great to see you prefer the green tea due to the weather 😉

Basically, there are two grades of green due to the fact that tender tea leaves are picked and processed for those who like tender flavour and the usual fresh tea leaves are made for general drinking for the people in the town.

Since these tea are naturally grown, the total quantity produced every year is less than commercialized tea. I really enjoy this tea very much as I know it is clean. I have shared the tea with an American friend and he enjoyed it much, so I thought since this tea is good, why not introduce to you foreigners who are interested in looking for safe and clean tea? After all, you can benefit from its rich nutritional substances.

I have these two types of tea for sale. Any quantity is fine, I would like to suggest you to take 500g once as it is worthy of trying. Of course, the more, the better 😉

Participant

I’m interested, I will buy 500 grams to try it out. I live in Yulin. I’ll send you a PM to figure out the details.

Hi Charlie,

It is so great to hear you say that. Many thanks for supporting me.

Participant

I get a kick out of tea prices in China–the “special” teas marketed to the new rich.  Makes the specialty bottled water prices of the mid-80’s look quaint.

Participant

Tea culture in China is diverse :). Currently, China provides over 700 teas including green tea, yellow tea, black tea, teas with dried flower, Puer tea, and any others depending on process methods.  “the “special” teas marketed to the new rich.”

I believe that simple and natural are the best!!!

Participant

I’m also interest in the 80 kuai kind. This is perfect because I need some presents for friends back home. I live near Charlie, so when you give him his, I can get mine at the same time.

Thanks!

Participant

I’m also interest in the 80 kuai kind. This is perfect because I need some presents for friends back home. I live near Charlie, so when you give him his, I can get mine at the same time. Thanks!

Hi, Rachel:

Thanks for your interest in this green tea. It is always great to see you foreigners like traditional chinese green tea.  The green tea with 80Yuan is more popular than expected, thus it is sold out at present, however,  it will be available on next Tuesday, along with new tea product called White Tea. I am wondering if you are ok to wait this long for this.

Currently, I am just trying to reach the market of foreigners living in Chengdu, providing the tea with  cost price.  So I do the delivery and  talk to you face to face to introduce these products ( it is rare to gain the quality green tea without contamination of pesticides in Sichuan , I would say).

Oh, Charlie has picked his tea. It is always fine for me to make arrangement to suit your time for tea delivery. Many thanks for your support.

Hao

Participant

Sure I can wait until next Tuesday. I’m interested in trying the white tea too! I love tea. How much is the White tea?

Participant

Sure I can wait until next Tuesday. I’m interested in trying the white tea too! I love tea. How much is the White tea?

Hi, Rachel:

Thanks for your patience.

The white tea is different from green tea. It has cool special flavour, longer lasting in color and flavour. At firstly, it is very popular for farmers, in summer,  they are still doing heavy agricultural labour work, they need a cheap and powerful drink to release thirsty and to regulate body temperature, thus a kind of tree leaves are found and manufactured, the finished product is called white tea as the leaves are white color. With social development, white tea has been known to have anti-inflammation activity, high contents of amino acids, to balance the level of blood glucose and so on.  Some of them (depending on produce region) can even have medicinal effect to reduce fever effectively. In previous years, people in some undeveloped regions used this tea to treat rubeola.

Nowadays, it has been drawing more attention, particularly in summer. And the process methods have been modified. Due to limited tree distribution and production, the price depends. The product to be provided has a beautiful name Coosummer. It is made of fine tender leaves , presenting excellent quality. The price is 300Yuan /500 gram. Thanks for your time on reading this. :).

Hope you have a idea about this white tea.

Hao

Participant

When I bring you the green tea, I will show the White Tea as well, I will give you a sample to try, anyway.:)

Keymaster

I picked up this tea a few days ago and have been drinking it – it’s great! A few photos:

The smaller silver bags are samples of the more expensive 300 yuan tea, I haven’t sampled those yet.

Participant

Hi, Charlie:

Thanks a lot for supporting this green tea.  🙂

I also sent you some photos of my hometown to your email address a few days ago, please feel free to take a look.

Hao

Participant

Hey Hao,
    Looks good. I think the white tea is a little out of my price range right now, but I would still like the green tea. Let me know when you have the tea and we can arrange a time to meet. If you could give me a sample of some other teas, that would be great!

After green tea has been steeped, can it be drank cold and still provide the same health benefits?

Participant

Hey Hao,
    Looks good. I think the white tea is a little out of my price range right now, but I would still like the green tea. Let me know when you have the tea and we can arrange a time to meet. If you could give me a sample of some other teas, that would be great!

hi,Rachel:

I have sent you message for details, please feel free to check.

Many thanks for your support:)

Hao

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • The forum ‘Marketplace’ is closed to new topics and replies.