Gym Membership Promotion: 990 rmb / year!

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGym Membership Promotion: 990 rmb / year!

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    @Brendan: that’s a good deal. i just paid 750 for 6 months. The only reservation i would have about paying for two years: is the place still gonna be there in 2 year’s time? 2 years: in Chengdu that’s considered a long-term investment!

That’s a reasonable question.. I really doubt they’ll be going out of business though since Megafit is owned by a Hong Kong company and is in 10+ big cities in China, with two locations in Chengdu. If you’ll be in Chengdu for 2 years it’s a pretty safe bet. Then again, like Brendan said, you could probably negotiate a better rate for a year subscription. They drive a hard bargain though, when I first went to Megafit they quoted me a price and then insisted on charging me 100 yuan more when I was ready to sign up a few days later. Thanks, Megafit!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    @Brendan: that’s a good deal. i just paid 750 for 6 months. The only reservation i would have about paying for two years: is the place still gonna be there in 2 year’s time? 2 years: in Chengdu that’s considered a long-term investment!

That’s a reasonable question.. I really doubt they’ll be going out of business though since Megafit is owned by a Hong Kong company and is in 10+ big cities in China, with two locations in Chengdu. If you’ll be in Chengdu for 2 years it’s a pretty safe bet. Then again, like Brendan said, you could probably negotiate a better rate for a year subscription. They drive a hard bargain though, when I first went to Megafit they quoted me a price and then insisted on charging me 100 yuan more when I was ready to sign up a few days later. Thanks, Megafit!

Participant

Yeah my gym also bargains hard. Last time i paid 700 for 6 months, so i thought the same price again for the next 6, but they wouldn’t go for it. Anyway, i’m happy with my place. This morning it was my own private gym (awesome for short sharp sessions, can prep everything beforehand, then go hard and fast)….

Participant

Yeah my gym also bargains hard. Last time i paid 700 for 6 months, so i thought the same price again for the next 6, but they wouldn’t go for it. Anyway, i’m happy with my place. This morning it was my own private gym (awesome for short sharp sessions, can prep everything beforehand, then go hard and fast)….

When I wanted to sign a new contract (after my 1 year one ended), the 990 promotion had just ended. They didn’t want to budge from their 2000 for a year price. I told them I wouldn’t resign in that case, even talked to the manager who gave me a good deal the first time… but no deal. I didn’t sign a new contract out of principle.

However, my unwillingness to go a gym further away is winning from my principles 🙂 I can walk to megafit

I might sign up for 2 years then and sell my membership if and when I leave

When I wanted to sign a new contract (after my 1 year one ended), the 990 promotion had just ended. They didn’t want to budge from their 2000 for a year price. I told them I wouldn’t resign in that case, even talked to the manager who gave me a good deal the first time… but no deal. I didn’t sign a new contract out of principle.

However, my unwillingness to go a gym further away is winning from my principles 🙂 I can walk to megafit

Keymaster
    Quote:

Do you think that would work? When you scan your card upon entry I know for certain that the photo they took of you appears on their screen.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Do you think that would work? When you scan your card upon entry I know for certain that the photo they took of you appears on their screen.

James (manager) told me it’s no problem. You just tell them and they transfer the account

James (manager) told me it’s no problem. You just tell them and they transfer the account

Keymaster
    Quote:

That is fantastic. Might as well sign up for 2 years then. I paid 1,900 for one year and I feel like it was a pretty good deal considering the facilities there.

Keymaster
    Quote:

That is fantastic. Might as well sign up for 2 years then. I paid 1,900 for one year and I feel like it was a pretty good deal considering the facilities there.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.