Hair 'Salon'?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHair 'Salon'?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I’m looking for a reliable salon where I can get a decent style cut, and not walk out looking like I just escaped a hostage situation. Are there any known English speaking salons that can cater to the non hostage situation look!?

Participant

Oh man, i’ve had nightmarish haircuts here. I walk in with a photo, tell them (in Chinese) “just copy it exactly the same”. Walk out with a fluffy Korean pop star debacle. My advice: invest in a hat…

Participant

i do not know where have English sharon. there are some really nice hair salon, you can find the right hair stylist, to do satisfaction hair style for you .

标榜, in Yulin Road

世纪精剪, Tongzilin North Street, near Carrefour

漂亮宝贝, 尊尚柏丽,Zhonghua Yuan, in Zijing

发源地,in Chunxi Road

English Sharon’s are mostly found in Essex!

Keymaster

lol

It’s a total crap shoot. Find a place that doesn’t mangle you and go back there, that’s what I’ve been doing.

Participant

Just had a 6 kuai haircut from the guy in the alley in Yulin, behind the sports stadium (the alley that leads to the trustmart on YiHuanlu). Kinda cold (hence its in the alley) but pretty good; no hair products, no small talk, no messing around. I told him i was in a hurry, and he was done in 5 mins. A haircut in the snowflakes. Check him out….

BTW: i dont think he does the fluffy Korean pop star look….

Ha Ha! I ended up finding a salon directly opposite where I’m living (right beside the H exit/entry of the Wensu Monestary station), on the opposite side of the street above Wo Wo. The salon is ‘a Jie’, part of a chain here. I paid 128 for a top cut in a private room, with a guy who had a little English. He also had the sense to have a laptop right there with a translator running, which was super helpful, and I came away with a decent cut.

I’m not sure I’d dare trust it to someone in an alley for 6 kuai, such is my vanity!!

Props to you though!

😉

Always check first whatever you are trying on hair as it can damage your hair. Then it will be easy for you to maintain.

how to braid hair

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Always check first whatever you are trying on hair as it can damage your hair. Then it will be easy for you to maintain.

how to braid hair

I’m pretty sure this is a sign from the universe that you should braid your hair, Brendan.

Participant

Bald man buying his 1st toupee: “I rather like that one”.

Salesman: “Good choice sir”.

Baldy: How much?

Salesman: “233 with TAX included”.

Baldy: “leave the TACKS,I’d rather just glue it on”.

Participant

I found a nice place to get hair done for both men and women,

it is located in the galleria mall called”amor”

The hair stylist I use is names King, very nice guy understands very little english but if you show him pictures he gets the style and I have always been happy with the result

Participant

Here is my hair story.

I looked at some Chinese salons with Chinese friends, only thing I needed was cutting the length of hair, nothing fancy, no colouring, no nothing, just a simple cut of the tresses.

But every salon I went to wanted to jazz up my hair, add colour, add bangs etc basically do what they wanted with my wavy hair out of control hair.

So I cut my own hair and it was a bad idea! I have been wearing hats ever since to take the attention of the hair which looks like a child took a knife to.

Does anyone know of a decent place for females which does exactly what it says on the tin. Oh and the bonus would be not one of those brightly lit salons which can cause a epileptic fit with blaring music, disco/barber lights and fluffy hair people standing around like the hair mafia I don’t know why but they always creep me out.

Diamond

Participant

Go to Tony & Guy in the Yanlord building. They are a worldwide famous hair salon chain and they do the best foreign haircuts in Chengdu. They have people who speak english and have nice products as well that they use.

Its on the expensive side but vanity comes with a price.

Expect to pay around 180 rmb for the cheapest cut or 280 rmb for the more senior stylists.

Participant

Have to say, I’m thrilled that there is a Tony and Guy here, and 280rmb isn’t a patch on what you would pay back home.

Quote:
    English Sharon’s are mostly found in Essex!

ha ha 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.