Halloween Parties in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHalloween Parties in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

Is there a place where we can buy Halloween costumes in Chengdu?

How about getting together the weekend before or after Halloween and have a dress up Halloween pub crawl/party?

Do the Chinese celebrate it?

We could even go as far as all dressing up the same. I can already imagine the pictures!!

Let’s give people a real reason to stare 🙂

PS: Same could be done for Christmas. Go out in Santa Claus outfits! Ho ho ho!

Participant

@lino

Last time i dressed as green snake(小青)in Chinese costumes,this all dressing up the same sounds lots of fun,i will join it. 😛

Keymaster

There is a street that sells costumes in Chengdu, I can’t remember the name off the top of my head but I will look it up.

Participant

I think that street is called shanxi street(陕西街).

😛

Toga party!

Participant

taobao

Participant

There are quite a few stalls and a shop that sell masks and other costume paraphernalia in Happy Valley.

I could take some pictures the next time I’m there if anyone would like, and possibly pick them up for people if anyone is interested in buying any.

Participant

The street we went to buy costumes last year is one block south of tianfu square off of renmin on the west side. I can’t recall the name, but they have tons of costume and stage wear shops.

Halloween Party always mess up my birthday party since my birthday is Oct. 29th. Haha

Last time I attended the Halloween Party, I’m with my boyfriend. Too bad, be broke up.

Participant

That de-escalated quickly…

So will there be a ghost purgatory day celebration or no?

Participant
    Quote:
    That de-escalated quickly…

Lol!

If I’m honest, I’ve never been much of a Halloween fan myself, but I’m up for doing something.

We should go out! A Halloween Pub Crawl perhaps?? And/or the party on the 26th if still going ahead Charlie..? x

Participant

I’m liking the pub crawl/panda club idea.

Is the dressing up part still on? Don’t want to end up being the only one in a costume lol

Participant

I’ll be dressed up.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’ll be dressed up.

Me too. It’s not a halloween party without costumes!

Glad to hear there is a party happening for Halloween! I thought the only party I’d get to attend was the G-rated one at my school…..

Participant

Hey guys, the Lazy Pug will host a Halloween event on the 26th and 27th, Ill prob be there to enjoy the food and.. Hopefully… Skimpy dresses!!! that i might be wearing.. ;).

Val, thought you were coming today :(.

Participant

Hey Guys, Definitely up for a halloween party on the 26th, and it is my birthday on the 27th so definitely up for celebrating with everyone! So what is the plan for the evening?

Jerry! Sorry!!I know, my friend bailed on me to go and I didn’t feel like going alone:( I need to get your number!

Participant

There is a party happening in a new venue called Green Room on the 27th. Cheap ticket and cheap drinks. I’ll post some more information soon.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.