Halloween Parties in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHalloween Parties in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Participant

If you’re into riding bikes, the afternoon of the 27th there is this:

zombiecat.jpg

Additionally, looking for a few volunteers to help out. Nothing major, email me at [email protected] if you’re interested. We should be able to hook you up with drink or something for your time!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    If you’re into riding bikes, the afternoon of the 27th there is this:

What is that? What’s the event?

Participant

Might as well keep it on the one thread, here’s the flyer for Green Room:

halloween-flyer.jpg

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Might as well keep it on the one thread, here’s the flyer for Green Room:

Cool, thread title changed. Is this the same as the Pet Conspiracy show?

Participant
    Quote:
    Is this the same as the Pet Conspiracy show?

No. Pet Conspiracy on Saturday 10/20 @ Xiong Mao. The Halloween party is on Saturday 10/27 @ Green Room with a host of DJs including Margus from the forum.

I’ll get some pics of Green Room and directions up at the weekend.

Participant
    Quote:
    What is that? What’s the event?

The event is an alleycat. Not sure if the flyer posted. Meets just north of Tianfu Square, north of Mao, behind the Science and Technology place.

To register show up before 4 p.m. At that time the race sets out. It’s a non-traditional unsanctioned checkpoint street race. Each racer gets a number and a manifest (location and map of all points you need to attend). First to finish wins.

There are prizes for top three finishers in both women’s and men’s. There’s also a prize for the best costume. As per norm DFL (dead fucking last) also takes home something.

There’s a special surprise (part of the flyer I forgot to translate) in how the race will work that will be revealed before the start.

A good number of folks will walk away with something and I guarantee everyone will have a blast. We did it a bit earlier in the evening so you can always follow it up with the usual drunken antics that Halloween entails.

Regarding volunteers. If someone wants to check it out but doesn’t want to race we can always use people to hang out at a checkpoint and sign off on riders’ manifests. Let me know if you’re up for it!

Participant

Oh man an Alley Cat! Will definitely be there although maybe a little late because of work. Might be gunning pretty hard for that DFL.

Participant

The street we went to buy costumes last year is one block south of tianfu square off of renmin on the west side…

is ShanXi Jie Street,陕西街

and on the east is LiHua Jie Street,梨花街. Near the street, have many small commodities the street called Ranfang Street,染房街

Far away, the HeHua Chi,荷花池. a whole building will be selling Halloween and Christmas costumes and props. If you group need any more, maybe i can take you find there

Participant

Oh ~ here ‘AM’ is Andy Mac?!! I just now found this

Participant

Hello everyone,

I’ve been talking to Lucy and to Liz and was thinking to check the costume shop out this Saturday.

After that we can hang out in Chengdu (if anyone knows a good place feel free to contribute your ideas).

Dinner and party in the evening for whoever is up for it.

Anyone interested in joining?

Participant

Saturday, dinner at any restaurant, then join us, go to Xiongmao’s party

Participant

I would love to but promised to meet him about 2 weeks ago. I don’t like to bail out on people so I’ll pass.

I will definitely suggest it to him however, so I might see you all there (hopefully).

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Oh ~ here ‘AM’ is Andy Mac?!! I just now found this

Surprise!

Quote:
    go to Xiongmao’s party

I will be there.

Participant

Yo Shinichi! I thought you might’ve guessed it was me! I like to keep a low profile haha

I’m heading out to check this new venue now, will post some pictures later

Participant

Hello Chengdu, away for way too long, cannot wait for the party! Get in touch people.

Participant

Green Room was a bad translation…this place is the Green Tank! A totally unique location for a one-off party.

From where the taxi drops you off at the music park walk straight, keep going past the 7-11 and go all the way to the end of the street. You’ll see this

green-tank.jpg

We’re hoping to have fire spinning performances and a projector screening cult movies Braindead and Bad Taste.

Charlie has a bunch of free tickets to give away. Keep your eyes peeled!

Participant

Sorry about the picture size…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Sorry about the picture size…

No problem, fixed. This looks like an interesting venue.

Participant

Im in! I love Hallewoon’s Day very much! Last time, I celebrated it in HK without costumes. I want to try this time. Lino, please tell the venue and time when you guys decide. Thank you!

Participant

BTW, the Mooneey Bar in Shangri-La Hotel will hold Halloween’s Day party from Oct.27th to Oct.31st. On Oct.26th evening, the drinks for women are free. There is a band as well. If anyone who is interested can go there.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.