Handmade shoes in CD?

HomeForumsIn ChengduHandmade shoes in CD?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

As the topic would imply, I’m looking for anyone doing high-quality handmade leather shoes in CD. As long as the prices are commensurate with the quality of the shoes, I can go fairly high.

I know there are people who do this in Beijing and Shanghai, so I was hoping Chengdu also had them.

Hey Chris,

There is a guy in Chengdu doing this, but I don’t have his details to hand. When I get back to Chengdu I’ll see if I can dig up a number for you.

Participant

Great, thank you.

Participant

Did you find out anything Chris?

I would like to know the same.

I know one close to Isetan but the quality they make is not up to par to my standards. I made some custom shoes in Hong Kong twice and they are of good quality. I would love to find something like that here in Chengdu.

Cheers!

I heard from a student at Sichuan U (Chuan Da) that they have one-offs for sale there due to their polymer research and development work for the shoe industry.

The student said they were excellent shoes and can accommodate non-regular-sizes (read typically petite-footed locals).

Do not know about the quality of the leather, but might be worth checking out. I do not have any specific contacts, but imagine someone else on the forum may do.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.