Happy Valley it is!

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHappy Valley it is!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

Finally got my location for the school I’ll be working at in Chengdu.

And the decision is.. (drum roll)… Happy Valley (Jinguan New City)! (Guess the clue is in the title.)

Have already been assured by @JerryS that this is a pretty good place to be.

However, was just curious to see if anyone had any other thoughts on the area… anything to watch out for, tips or just general comments.

Many thanks in advance,

Sandi

Keymaster

I don’t think I’m familiar with this – this is unrelated to the amusement park named Happy Valley, right? That place is absolutely worth checking out in the summer time…

Participant

Hi Charlie,

I posted the wrong address by mistake.

The school I’ll be working at is on Huafeng Road, Jinniu District.

It is very close to the Happy Valley amusement park, which yes, looks pretty amazing.

Sorry for the confusion!

Sandi

Participant

I never been this Happy Valley before, i will go there next week to take a look 🙂

Participant

I usually don’t have any fear what so ever when it comes to amusement parks but I went in some kind of sledgehammer attraction in Happy Valley where I actually thought it could’ve been my last seconds on earth. Loved it!

Participant

Happy Valley is like a watered down US amusement park.. like, maybe Knotts-berry Farm, ish. At least in terms of rides and ‘mixed’ attractions..

It’s a pretty great place to hang out on nice (ie. not overly humid days, unless it’s summer and you plan to spend time at the water park inside happy valley on a weekday when it’s not crowded with babies peeing in the water). There are a few reasonable restaurants to get a bite just outside the main gate, and beer is available inside the park. Get the annual pass – it’s cost friendly. The area is growing, I actually thought about looking for a place up there, it’s clean and new.

It’s one of the best in-city places to spend a day if it’s nice weather outside and you’re on a date.. I’ve always wondered how it would be for some single dudes to hang out there, but never tried it, seems lots of cute girls hang up there too 😀

Participant

I’m an old-school Chengdu laowai hipster inner-city snob douchebag: anything outside 2nd ring road is the countryside!!! Kill me first….

Participant

@Sandi although that area’s not ‘far’ from downtown. It’s also not ‘near’, to some places you might end up wanting to travel, when meeting others for example.

You might want to check out where line 2 of the metro will go when it opens in the fall. I think it goes some where that way, Chadianzi bus station for example. I guess been near it will cut travel times to the south and east by a long way.

Congratulations

Participant

Oh FFS!!

I give up.

Anyway, thanks guys. If nothing else, we’ve established that the amusement park is cool. Pretty sure I’ll be investing in a season ticket.

Quote:
    seems lots of cute girls hang up there too 😀

@Rick in China, hopefully cute guys too!

Thanks for the info @Brave Chengdu, good to have an awareness that I may not be as close to certain places as I’d perhaps like to be. Will be sure to check out the metro when it opens.

Guess I have a bit of exploring to do when I get there.

Thanks again for the the posts guys!

And if anyone can tell me how to slot an excerpt into my post, it would be very much appreciated 🙂

Sandi

Participant

Yay, it worked! 😉

Participant

good shopping at happy valley~

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.