Happy Valley this Saturday

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHappy Valley this Saturday

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    My favorite ride is the one that swings and twirls at the same time. The ride attendants quickly point out a big trashcan for puking after the ride.

I went on that! That, along with the big circular one above that swings back and forth, made me feel seasick for a few minutes after getting off. It might have had something to do with me drinking beers in the park for most of the afternoon.

Keymaster

One thing to add: tickets to Happy Valley cost only 99 yuan! I was prepared to pay the 170 price but I literally had handed the cash to the attendant at the ticket window and she told me that 99 yuan tickets were available nearby if I had a Bank of China card. Turns out I do, so I used that and got two tickets for 198. Total bargain for what Happy Vally is offering.

Participant
    Quote:
    It’s called Shengxian Hu.

Thanks for this, and sorry for the delay. This could be very useful to me. Is it Chengdu North Railway Station?

Think I’ve also worked out that the Chadianzi Subway Stop on Line 2 is also quite close to me (and to Happy Valley for anyone who is interested).

Incidentally, I was having a bit of bother posting on this thread just there. It kept wanting me to log in but I was already logged in. Clearing the cache seemed to do the trick though!

Participant
    Quote:
    It’s called Shengxian Hu.

Thanks for this, and sorry for the delay. This could be very useful to me. Is it Chengdu North Railway Station?

Think I’ve also worked out that the Chadianzi Subway Stop on Line 2 is also quite close to me (and to Happy Valley for anyone who is interested).

Incidentally, I was having a bit of bother posting on this thread just there. It kept wanting me to log in but I was already logged in. Clearing the cache seemed to do the trick though!

Keymaster
    Quote:

No, it’s one stop north of the North Train station. It’s the terminal stop at the North end of Line 1.

Keymaster
    Quote:

No, it’s one stop north of the North Train station. It’s the terminal stop at the North end of Line 1.

Participant

Okay, thanks a lot!

Can’t seem to find it on google maps. Will keep looking.

Participant

Okay, thanks a lot!

Keymaster
    Quote:

Here’s a link on Google Maps

Keymaster
    Quote:

Here’s a link on Google Maps

Participant

the swingy/twirly one was fun… ive never been there with people to play cs (laser tag) with me. I think tht would be really fun!

But did anyone end up trying the teacups?

Participant

the swingy/twirly one was fun… ive never been there with people to play cs (laser tag) with me. I think tht would be really fun!

Participant

Gawd, I’m so feckless! Been looking for that for the last half an hour and you found it in less than two minutes.

Thanks again Charlie, you’re a star!

Participant

Gawd, I’m so feckless! Been looking for that for the last half an hour and you found it in less than two minutes.

Thanks again Charlie, you’re a star!

Participant
    Quote:

Ha ha, no Eric. We took your advice and stayed well away from the tea cups! And no one got sick 🙂

Participant
    Quote:

Ha ha, no Eric. We took your advice and stayed well away from the tea cups! And no one got sick 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.