Hard Drive Data Recovery…

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHard Drive Data Recovery…

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

regardless, the feeling of having lost precious data is soul crushing. So I wish you luck, Brendan. I was sure that you were going to kill someone that night, but you kept your composure well.

Participant

Ex-girlfriend just told me she also paid 2000 kuai last year, so that may be the going rate. She said they have a “white room”????? I don;t know what that means…..

Keymaster

Data recovery is a bitch. It depends on the condition of the drive. If it currently can’t be read, putting it on the freezer overnight is my go-to strategy, it has worked many times for me in the past. It’s only meant to make the data accessible long enough for you to copy it off though, the drive itself will certainly be done. Good luck!

Participant

Apologies for both the digression and the barn door slamming advice but I’m recently evangelical about FreeNAS. http://www.freenas.org/

I wirelessly and seamley backup my movies, music, and potentially death by girlfriend if lost photos in the background using rsync.

I found it’s perfect for me, it’s cheap, it’s got lots of services and when I move on from Chengdu, I’ll throw away, or taobao the box (I got it for 200RMB) and just take the HD with me, and set-up again in my new location.

I quite easily setup up my self (I guess I’m a 7/10 for IT skills), but if you have a good relationship with the a hardware vendor I guess he’d help. There are also allot of resources in Chinese.

FreeNasOnVeryCD

or I’d be happy to help where I could.

just a suggestion, seems allot have had loses/recoveries.

Participant

Apologies for both the digression and the barn door slamming advice but I’m recently evangelical about FreeNAS. http://www.freenas.org/

I wirelessly and seamley backup my movies, music, and potentially death by girlfriend if lost photos in the background using rsync.

I found it’s perfect for me, it’s cheap, it’s got lots of services and when I move on from Chengdu, I’ll throw away, or taobao the box (I got it for 200RMB) and just take the HD with me, and set-up again in my new location.

I quite easily setup up my self (I guess I’m a 7/10 for IT skills), but if you have a good relationship with the a hardware vendor I guess he’d help. There are also allot of resources in Chinese.

FreeNasOnVeryCD

or I’d be happy to help where I could.

just a suggestion, seems allot have had loses/recoveries.

Keymaster
    Quote:

This is a great system to use.

A few years ago Ben helped me set up a Free BSD based file server with all kinds of capabilities, built from a desktop that was in the 500 yuan range. We just filled it with hard drives and could get browser access to the torrent client which was always running on it. It’s a fun project as well.

Keymaster
    Quote:

This is a great system to use.

A few years ago Ben helped me set up a Free BSD based file server with all kinds of capabilities, built from a desktop that was in the 500 yuan range. We just filled it with hard drives and could get browser access to the torrent client which was always running on it. It’s a fun project as well.

Lacie Hard drive recovery can be possible with the use of updated backup file. But in case you have no backup and still wiling to recover those lost or corrupt data, in such situation you can use its alternative option that is Data Rescue for complete and secure Lacie Drive recovery.

Lacie Hard drive recovery can be possible with the use of updated backup file. But in case you have no backup and still wiling to recover those lost or corrupt data, in such situation you can use its alternative option that is Data Rescue for complete and secure Lacie Drive recovery.

By using Stellar data recovery software is very easy to restore lost data from Lacie hard drive. It is best to make use of when there is no availability of backup copy. You can recover your entire data such as photos, music, audio and videos instantly without any sorts of modifications in the original files.

By using Stellar data recovery software is very easy to restore lost data from Lacie hard drive. It is best to make use of when there is no availability of backup copy. You can recover your entire data such as photos, music, audio and videos instantly without any sorts of modifications in the original files.

It really depends on how the hard drive is now. If the magnet are the only ones affected, then you can pretty much salvage it still, but when the disks itself are the ones with the problem, then it will be a tougher task or should i say slimmer chance of getting them back.

You have to try it out, though I suggest that you do not take it apart just yet. Look for tutorials online to help you with this.

It really depends on how the hard drive is now. If the magnet are the only ones affected, then you can pretty much salvage it still, but when the disks itself are the ones with the problem, then it will be a tougher task or should i say slimmer chance of getting them back.

You have to try it out, though I suggest that you do not take it apart just yet. Look for tutorials online to help you with this.

Why don’t you try hard drive data retrieval software? This software helps you to recover data from dead hard drive also. You can download free demo version of this software to recover your lost data.This software helps you to restore all type of lost data.

Why don’t you try hard drive data retrieval software? This software helps you to recover data from dead hard drive also. You can download free demo version of this software to recover your lost data.This software helps you to restore all type of lost data.

hey man there are loads of software (freeware) on the net that can recover data.

one example is RecoverMyFiles costs $69 but I am sure there will be a torrent.

SO why bother giving someone your cash??

also try this: (freeware and it worked for me)

Rich

hey man there are loads of software (freeware) on the net that can recover data.

one example is RecoverMyFiles costs $69 but I am sure there will be a torrent.

also try this: (freeware and it worked for me)

Rich

Keymaster
    Quote:

Because in a lot of cases software alone won’t actually recover your files. It depends on how the drive is damaged and the severity of the damage. It doesn’t hurt to try software first though before you proceed to paying someone a lot of money to extract data from a dead drive.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Because in a lot of cases software alone won’t actually recover your files. It depends on how the drive is damaged and the severity of the damage. It doesn’t hurt to try software first though before you proceed to paying someone a lot of money to extract data from a dead drive.

If your lacie hard drive is not working properly and you are unable to open or even view its files then you can use lacie Hard Drive Recovery Software. It is a latest software which is launched recently in the market to help the users and overcome from their problems. It can be easily used by non-technical users. It is compatible with different versions of Mac operating system. You can easily get lost or damaged images, videos, and audios files easily. It will also allow to recover files from different memory cards, digital camera, and cell phones. So download the software as early as possible and get back lost files.

Read More Information:-

http://photorecovery-mac.com/lacie-hard-drive-recovery.php

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.