Heightened Security Lately?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHeightened Security Lately?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Possible threats against Westerners in the Sanlitun area of Beijing from China

So yea, riding home on my ebike, i noticed police on every corner. Wonder if this has to do with whats happening in Beijing’s US embassy. Yet while riding my bike early evening, there were barely any police yet a few hours later tons of them.

Participant

hello are you from chengdu?

Participant

Around 3rd ring south there wasn’t any significant (or abnormal?) police presence from my perspective in post-dinner-time travel. Maybe it was different in specific areas.

Participant

Seems the major areas were guarded last night: Tianfu Sq, Chunxi Lu and Rem nin nan lu. If someone ventures into the city, please tell your exp if you see cops. This isnt bad as a few years ago when there were ‘protesting’ Japanese something with a policeman on every street corner.

And im not from CHengdu but i live and work here now.

Keymaster

I think it was a Christmas-specific threat, that was identified by both the British and US Embassies in Beijing. I’m guessing that on Christmas they were just taking extra precaution here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.