Hello: Chongqing Local Girl Here

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHello: Chongqing Local Girl Here

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I saw one of my former colleagues from Canada was using this forum, and find it is really interesting. I just spent last few years in UK for studying so I understand living in another country can be exciting but also hard.

Anyway, I am now working in Chengdu. Since I’m basically a local (I am from Chongqing), if you guys need any help on things like learning Chinese language/culture, finding shopping or entertainment place, or just wanna make a new friend, please feel free to talk to me.

[email protected]

Thanks Xioashu, and welcome to the forums!

Keymaster

Hi Xiaoshu,

I went to Chongqing last weekend and had a blast. In your opinion, what are the must-see places for someone visiting Chongqing for a weekend?

Hi Xiaoshu,

What & where were you studying in the UK? I’m from East Sussex myself, down near Brighton. And what work are you doing in Chengdu?

I second Charlie’s question on where to check out in Chongqing, my personal view of the city is fairly jaded so maybe you can enlighten us all with some gems.

Unlike Chengdu,Chongqing is more a young city,not so historical and cultural.Chengdu has been the capital of southwest China for thousand years.Chongqing was only a big distributing centre decades ago,because of the Chao’tian’men port.

however,since Chongqing became a DC,a huge number of governmental investment has been put in Chongqing, which made Chongqing a extremely beautiful modern city,of course i’m only talking about the downtown area.so if you are going to have a weekend trip to Chongqing and only plan to stay in downtown, here are the places you should go:

磁器口Ci Qi Kou:the only old town area remained in Chongqing,pretty much same as the 宽窄巷子 and 锦里.

解放碑(jie fang bei) and 观音桥(guan yin qiao):CBDs and commercial roads of Chongqing.

华岩寺(hua yan temple):the biggest temple in chongqing.

一棵树(yi ke shu):the best place to see the night view of yhe whole chongqing biland. I have seen things,and i think it is super.so bring your camera, go there at night.

南滨路(nan bin lu):chomgqing’s 九眼桥(Jiu yan qiao),but has much better river view to see.

also chongqing was the war capital of china during ww2,so if you are interesting with that history, there are many places to see.

i was studying MSc course at uni of portsmouth, not far from brighton, and now working as a game producer in chengdu.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    if you are going to have a weekend trip to Chongqing and only plan to stay in downtown, here are the places you should go:

This is great – thanks! When I was in Chongqing recently I stayed in Hongyadong and visited a hot spring (重庆天赐温泉), Jiefangbei, and Nuts Club which was fun. Jiefangbei is a great place to walk around – downtown Chongqing is pretty remarkable, and the contrast between that district and the other parts of Chongqing is so dramatic.

Quote:
    i was studying MSc course at uni of portsmouth, not far from brighton, and now working as a game producer in chengdu.

Oh, very cool. I work in the game industry also. Which company are you at?

Quote:
    i was studying MSc course at uni of portsmouth, not far from brighton

Nothing to do in Portsmouth! The harbour area is nice, but from memory that’s about it!

I’m not sure if it is OK to put that much personal information here…I already regstrated with my real name, haha.

why dose the topic says Chongqing local girl? where is she?

Hey Brendan, why do I feel you don’t like Portsmouth very much 🙂

Hello everybody!

Hey Xioashu, I am from Hong Kong.

I will visit Chengdu & Chongqing every two months..

Um…any gd places to go or things to do in Chengdu besides 宽窄巷子,锦里 and temple?

Participant

For Chengdu, we have a few resources:

Chengdu Places, which you can also ADD to 🙂

and this small list of places we like:

Top Ten Free Places in Chengdu

and this short guide:

Short Guide to Chengdu

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.