Visa Confusion – Please Help!

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionVisa Confusion – Please Help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey! pls help us with some practical problem here:

My husband and I are planning to move back to chengdu at the end of this year , we plan to live in chengdu for many years, I looked up online , there are all different types of visa, which type of visa will u guys suggest ?? I am thinking about permanent resident visa, any comment ?? Thanks in advance!!!

Participant

July 1st visa changes mean you’ll have to sort out what you’re _able to get_ rather than what you want, it’s not likely the case where you can pick and choose. Have employer in China willing to sponsor on a visa? Married to Chinese national?

my husband and I are planning to move back to chengdu at the end of this year

Do either of you hold a Chinese ID card as a national!? Have you been to your consulate to enquire about what your options are?

Keymaster

Are you Chinese? If so, your husband shouldn’t have a problem getting a visa. If you’re employed with a legit job or registered as a student, you also shouldn’t have a problem with the visa. If you aren’t any of the above, it might be difficult for you.

I expect the number of visa-related posts on the forum to multiply now that it’s July 1st…

Participant

I guess I’m one of many with a visa query at the moment so thought I’d throw mine in here. Next month my work visa runs out and I want to move onto the marriage visa in order to stay for a few weeks before moving on. However, I have heard a rumor that due to the new laws, you cannot change your visa type inside China.

Does anybody know anything about this? I’m going to ask the PSB tomorrow anyway but I’m interested what people here think.

Cheers.

Does anybody know anything about this? I’m going to ask the PSB tomorrow anyway but I’m interested what people here think.

It’s July 1st, the new rules have supposedly come into effect today. At this point nobody knows the rules very well, or which are being enforced and which aren’t. Please post back with any information you gain at the PSB. Everyone is in the dark right now.

Participant

Thanks all for the kind respond!! I am original from Sichuan , I move to Canada few years ago, my husband is Canadian , so does it mean he can get permanent residence visa while he is in Canada ? And i looked up, permanent visa only valid for half a year ? Is it easier for him to permanent visa than work visa? I know work visa u need employer to sponsor u,I am not sure for long term run, which type visa will be more convenient for him? Thankof again !!

Participant

What is the “six month permanent residence visa”?  (Excuse my ignorance, I’m still navigating Visa options and now everything is changing).  What letter is it? – and what are the prerequisites?  Six months is better than a tourist visa.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.