Help to get baby out of China?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHelp to get baby out of China?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

My name is George I have problem and I need help. My situation is that me and my partner have a baby and would like to apply for an exit visa (exit permit) for our baby. The problem being is we are unmarried. I am a New Zealand citizen and my partner is Chinese.

We have applied New Zealand citizen for our baby and she holds a New Zealand Passport. Is there any way my baby can exit out of china without having to get married?

I’m frustrated and stressed please help????

Participant

brother. How did you have the baby without her being married? she needs to be married to have the “permission to give birth” document that most hospitals require to give a birth certificate? No matter, that document is archaic and unimportant. But as far as I know, in order to get an exit stamp from the PSB, you’ll have to provide a marriage certificate along with a bunch of other documents that I list here:

Raising a Child in Chengdu: Nationality

If you were able to give birth, get a birth certificate and take that to the NZ embassy and get an NZ passport, then you are already about 80% there. Going to your wife’s hometown and sitting down with some people might help you in negotiations with the PSB.

or. dude. marry her. which would solve it.

Marriage in china takes about 15 minutes and 3 days for docs to come through.

Thanks Sascha all try our best.

I’m an American citizen and my wife a Chinese.

You don’t need the “Permission to Give Birth” document to give birth, as long as you ain’t gonna apply for Chinese Hukou (citizenship) for your kid.

Participant

^^That’s true. It’s the Exit Stamp that’s important, because that stamp allows you to leave (and come back) on your NZ (foreign passport), thereby “activating” it.

The Exit stamp usually requires a marriage certificate and birth certificate to establish the kids identity and nationality. Keep us posted

Keymaster

Is anything required to get the birth certificate, or is that automatically granted?

You don’t have to have the marriage certificate. I’m sure things like this happened before in Chengdu. You can go to PSB and ask them, they’ll tell you what to do. It’s not illegal as long as you are not going to register your baby in Chinese HuKou.

I do believe that a marriage certificate is NOT required. Make sure you, the foreigner, go the PSB to fetch the information. PSB doesn’t give a damn about their own citizens’ problems.

About the birth certificate, if born in a hospital, the only requirement is that you pay the medical bill in full, then bring parent(s)’s ID for registration.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.