Hey Folks – Just Moved Here

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHey Folks – Just Moved Here

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hey folks..

I’m new to Chengdu and here on some work..(and of course fun).Would love to make friends out here

I’m from India

Name: Madhu,24 years old(male), fluent in English, don’t know Chinese:(.

Profession: Software engineer/data center analyst.

QQ: 2327305039.

My interests.. partying, billiards, travelling, making friends and HAVING FUN.

Cheers,

Madhu

Keymaster

Welcome to Chengdu! You got here just in time for summer…

I see you already have a QQ account, you should get started learning chinese!

Participant

Hi Madhu. Welcome to chengdu 🙂

Welcome to the CDLiving forum! We’re mostly friendly!

Welcome to Chengdu.

Pro tip, do no trust anyone who tells you that they know of a great Indian restaurant here. There are none.

Even if you are being held at gun point, try before you buy.

Quote:
    Pro tip, do no trust anyone who tells you that they know of a great Indian restaurant here.

Random tip award goes to…

😀

Welcome to Chengdu, you’re set for a great summer!

EDIT:: Forgive my momentary retardation in not spotting you were from India Madhu, hence the tip on Indian restaurants from Lagspike!! :/

Participant
    Quote:
    Pro tip, do no trust anyone who tells you that they know of a great Indian restaurant here. There are none.

Hey, has anyone tried the ‘new’ one near Xinnanmen, I heard it was cheap, dirty and cheerful. But I haven’t tried myself yet.

Anyone have firsthand experience?

Participant

The one near Huaxi? It’s not dirty, but it ain’t 5 star either. Been there 5 or 6 times, and generally pretty good, and yes, it’s cheap.

Participant

Heard they have 19rmb lunch specials now… Ray, I believe this calls for a recon mission.

Participant

Yeah man, i usually get a veg curry ( the meat ones kinda have gristly bits of ???), rice and a chapati (really good chapatis) and it runs me about 20 kua). I’ve seen alot of Nepali/Indian/Bangladeshi/Pakistani students there (one girl said VERY firmly “we are are NOT Indian) so the restaurant must be doing something right…

The mother-in-law/waitress is really nice, if sometimes a little disorganised….

Participant

So it’s here somewhere right? http://g.co/maps/9cgja

I’m going to give it a try too, will let you know.

Participant

welcome to du.

Participant

Gotta say, been hitting Rice Plus for a post-gym meal the last week, and its good. They have an Indian curry (which i dont think is on the menu. I just ask for it) which has decent pieces of bird (no gristly stuff) and fills me up for 24 kuai. And I’ll say it again: that place plays better music than ANY bar/restaurant/nightclub i’ve come across in Chengdu…

Sorry Madhu. This post has been hijacked by foodies…

haha.. I know..!! I wanna jump in but find only “Chengdu” specific restaurants which I have no idea about.

Anyways.. weekend’s almost there.. gonna get some fresh air ..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.