Mariah Carey Was in Chengdu…

HomeForumsIn ChengduMariah Carey Was in Chengdu…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

and she looked rough. Anyone go to the concert? Did she kill it/ I remember when Vision of Love came out … she was the hottest thang out there.

Keymaster

My 朋友圈 on WeChat was filled with pictures of her and commentary around the time of her performance, a few days ago. One of the most memorable ones was a photo of her from the stadium with the comment “Yesterdays pop star is today’s fatty. At the Mariah Carey concert”.

The fact that she’s playing in Chengdu alone is kind of testament to her fall. Backstreet Boys played here, the DJ Sacha (of Sacha & Digweed) is about to play here soon. The “big shows” here are usually performers who were big 10+ years ago in the US or UK.

Participant

Yeah…. China. Where once good singers go to fail…..

Participant

Haha wow, makes ya wonder how much of the previous hotness was make-up. Nick Cannon wants out, covers up her tattood name across his shoulders with a giant feathery cross, and all is explained in the above photos.

Participant

A few of my Chinese colleagues went to her show on Sunday & they were really excited. When I saw them on Tuesday they didn’t mention it at all & so I asked how the show went. They were quite disappointed & said that she was only there for money & that it showed. She didn’t sing as many songs as when she was in Beijing & didn’t come back for an encore. I think they felt a bit used & that she definitely didn’t do her best for the show.

Keymaster

Just saw a Mariah Carey billboard today at lunch:

Compared to

Participant

Damn, makes me feel bad for always digging in on the photoshopping mainlanders do with their totally faked up social media photos 😛

Keymaster

Damn, makes me feel bad for always digging in on the photoshopping mainlanders do with their totally faked up social media photos :P

This seems like the exact same thing… marketers deceiving the audience by using what are probably 20 year old photos.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.