High Speed Train Connections from Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHigh Speed Train Connections from Chengdu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi All,

I am wondering where the most relevant source of high speed train connections information is? I understand that Chengdu doesn’t really have the connections that somewhere like Shanghai does but is there anything really high speed available? I’m just trying to do some research of places outside of Chengdu i can visit on the weekends within a few hours. Does anyone also have an update as to when the Xi’an line will be open?

Participant

There is a high speed train to Chongqing which only takes a couple of hours and there is supposed to be a line now going to Leshan/Emeishan.

And of course there is a line going to Qingchengshan and dujiangyan.

The line going north, mianyang and further is not complete yet as far as I know.

Participant
    Participant

Unlike 12306.cn chinatrainguide.com is in English and is simple to navigate.

It’s exactly what the name says. A train guide. you can search departure or arrival cities, and it will show times for individual trains. You can’t buy tickets directly from it, but it’s a good basic guide. I’ve found Ctrip to be the easiest online option for a laowai with laowai-ish patience like myself. Also, you’ll find that Ctrip has different trains listed from chinatrainguide, double check there for when it comes time to make a purchase…

Participant

Ctrip sells train tickets? I’ve always used Qunar. The official page 12306 is a trainwreck with security warnings, time outs, errors, retarded Chinese captchas and it refuses to let you book tickets for foreigners and Chinense on the same order…

Came across the official bus ticket booking page the other day, very convenient: http://www.scqcp.com/

Participant

Yeah, very easy to use. There is a surcharge but it’s worth it to me. especially buying multi-leg tickets for a group of people.  and as with anything, be mindful about holidays and other peak travel times.

Participant

thanks everyone. Didn’t seem like there was anything super exciting available. Looks like i’ll be catching planes to places for a while. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.