Hire me so I can move back to Chengdu

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsHire me so I can move back to Chengdu

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello:

I am an experienced writer and editor of the English language (see ChengduLiving for samples). I have edited video, am editing an e-book, speak good Chinese, excellent German and LOVE Chengdu.

I am currently working in Shanghai for Ctrip.com, but I would rather work in Chengdu.

Hire me.

http://www.saschamatuszak.com/bio

Participant

come back, then i can visit my 干儿子 and 孩儿他妈

Participant

yo lets open a cafe or something. i needs my dirty du.

Participant

Yeah, lets find investors to open a cafe, and we manage it (-_-)

Participant

You want to open a cafe?

Participant

i’d love to have a lil cafe in the Du. whatchu thinking shinichi?

Participant

Cool! I like unique cafes,have own personality, and warm, simple, feel at home. especially like the cafe is “cafe “+”youth hostels”

Can be in afternoon drink coffee with friends and enjoy the unique taste of food,

but also can alone to participate the art salon / or music party in the weekend,

live there, know friends from around the world, with sub enjoy the sun and rain, i will live there do not want to leave

Have a cafes to drink coffee,nice food + youth hostels , that is my dream long long ago , now also hope can do, I think can do it when we are young.

Participant

Would also like to drink alcohol in a cafe

If it is a bar, is also very good:)

Can you start a business in Chengdu without a Chinese national? I believe you can in Xiamen where I am at right now, but that is because it is a special economic zone.

Keymaster

I believe it’s possible but if you have a Chinese partner it will make it much easier.

By the way, Sascha is pretty much back in Chengdu now! Hopefully for good.

As far as I understand it you have to be trading within China for two years before you can begin the process of setting up shop yourself. This information I got from my visa agent, who also consults expats looking to do business in Chengdu. So essentially you need to find a Chinese resident partner you can trust to get things moving.

Incidentally, seeing as the Lazy Pug is such a popular haunt amongst people using the forum, they’d be worth quizzing to see exactly what it took to get that place off the ground. I know they’d be only too happy to point you in the right direction, or at the very least, tell a cautionary tale or two!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Incidentally, seeing as the Lazy Pug is such a popular haunt amongst people using the forum, they’d be worth quizzing to see exactly what it took to get that place off the ground. I know they’d be only too happy to point you in the right direction, or at the very least, tell a cautionary tale or two!

Good suggestion.

Participant

actually wholly foreign owned enterprises (wofes) are absolutely possible and do not require being in business for any period of time. The details depend on industry and capital requirements. Some industries like tourism, telecom, energy and (most) manufacturing require a Joint Venture (JV), but small things are easy to open for a foreigner (eg restaurant)…

The best thing to do is to get your business idea ready, find out what you need (biz plan) and then head to the Business Bureau (???) or the High Tech Zone near you and start beating the pavement. People here are usually very very willing to help an enterprising foreigner out.

There are pros and cons for Wofes and JVs; wofes tend to have to follow the rules more strictly (ie taxes) whereas JVs have the ability to run as most things do here in China as long as the guanxi holds out.

the China Law Blog has good info on these matters.

I always though a WOFE required a very expensive outlay, like a couple hundred thousand– and wouldn’t be suited for a restaurant. That would be an interesting case– how to go about starting a small restaurant in Chengdu.

干儿子?孩儿他妈?haha so cuteeeee!!!!

Participant

RE “I always though a WOFE required a very expensive outlay, like a couple hundred thousand– and wouldn’t be suited for a restaurant. That would be an interesting case– how to go about starting a small restaurant in Chengdu.”

For a foreigner to get a business license / start a WOFE there are capital requirements, some people do little loans to meet the requirements just to get the paperwork..some ways around that. The capital requirement may differ depending what your WOFE is classified as doing as well. When I was looking last, it was 700k or so. If you have a chinese national as a partner and register in their name, it’s a small fraction of that.

That being said, if you don’t have a couple hundred K RMB and you’re dumping what you have in a restaurant/cafe in Chengdu, it’s a pretty erm……. risky plan, at best..especially if you’ve not done it before.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.